• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How Much $

A lot of places in the UK still let people pay per lesson.

I don't pay any more at Karate, because I also teach classes now, but it it £4 per session or £12 a week for 4 sessions (i.e you get one free if you pay for the week).

At TKD you can either pay per lesson, per week or per month. I was paying just per lesson £3.75, but I'm going to move onto paying weekly or monthly as the price-per-lesson cost is less.

When I used to train in Wing Chun it started off really cheap (£2.75 per lesson) but the lesson prices kept going up and up and up during the 18 months or so I trained there and the last lesson I had there was £8 a lesson!! The cost of training is literally the only reason I stopped attending that place - if it had been cheaper then I would've carried on with it.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pay $75 per month. in Upstate NY, I think this is average for a commercial school, though there are some that charge over $100/month around here.

When I lived in NYC, I trained at a school that charged $120/month, but the instructor had a good reputation, and the school was small. You got a lot of hands-on, one-on-one feedback for your $120. Also, it doesn't get much cheaper to begin with in a major city, given the higher overhead that in a "cowtown" like Syracuse.

"Karate is a form of martial arts in which people who have had years and years of training can, using only their hands and feet, make some of the worst movies in the history of the world"

-Dave Barry

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I charge $40/month for 2, two hour classes/week. No test fees, no contracts, no overinflated uniform/equiptment charges.

I'd actually not charge anything for classes if I could, but I've found over the years that if you don't charge anything that the majority of people put little or no value in their training, and often will not come to class because they have nothing invested in it. Odd how the thought process works sometimes. :-?

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please..feel free to stand in front of them.

Student since January 1975---4th Dan, retired due to non-martial arts related injuries.

Wow that's weird, You'd think it'd be the other way around, I'd die to have free lessons but we live in a materialist world.

I have ninja monkies in my brain and they are using it as a trampaline.

It is kind of the idea that "you get what you pay for" attitude. Also, when someone knows that they are paying for something, they feel more committed to it, and put more into it.

It is kind of the idea that "you get what you pay for" attitude. Also, when someone knows that they are paying for something, they feel more committed to it, and put more into it.

EXACTLY!

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please..feel free to stand in front of them.

Student since January 1975---4th Dan, retired due to non-martial arts related injuries.