How Much $

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it also depends on which art you want to study and your location. For example, if you're looking to do Karate and you're in a larger city or suburb, chances are the prices will be lower because of competition whereas if you were looking for a place to learn something more obscure like Systema or Sambo, it may be more expensive since there aren't many substitutes.

Wow, looks like I almost got ripped off. My last place wanted to charge $99 per month. Plus $10 for each additional class I took. Granted I could train 6\7 days a week, compaired to what I'm seeing here it really isn't any competition. I didn't have the money in the first place, so I guess it didn't really matter, but it's nice to know.

Be like water

-Bruce Lee

i pay $40 per month for 3 days white crane/ weapons , then $30 for once a week shorin ryu, and $25 for once a week another shorin ryu school, but most of the times i can manage only 2 days per week.

For Karate the fee is $30 per month or $75 for three months in advance. That gives us 4 classes per week, two of which are mandatory.

For the Ryukyu Kobujutsu training it is $20 per month. The training is once per week.

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

I'm on contract, I pay $275 a month. Everyone will say whoa!!!! However, I pay that rate for my entire family up to 4 members. For my oldest son and I, we can attend 3 class's a day Mon-Thurs (we can attend beginner, intermediate, and advanced class's, which we do because of the sustainment of the basic's for us). For my wife and my youngest son, they can attend the two beginner class's a week, and then when they move on to Green belt could attend beginner and intermediate class's totalling 6 class's a week. So its about 30 hours of Karate a week.

• 2 months later...

yeah, it all depends on the place. Some places you pay by the month, and some places might be every 6 or 12 months. I would go with a place you pay by the month, and have no contract, if possible. Just make sure you go some place you enjoy and get the most out of it.

Drink It. Feel It. Share It.

http://www.monaviedrink.com

Have you had your Acai Today? Stop the pain, be full of energy, and feel better.