• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Anderson Silva puts on Muy Thai Clinic for North America

:o Wow? Anyone who saw the UFC middle weight championship got an education in Muy Thai. The beautiful clinch ended the UFC's second most dominant fighter and put serious doubt on the calibre of UFC fighters compared to PRIDE. As a Muy Thai guy I couldn't believe that Rich Franklin was SO dominated by that clinch, which most intermediate Thai fighter could escape or tie up easily. Silva's form was perfect especially the way he used body knees to open up the head for destruction. I personally am going to leave the more esoteric techniques for a while and spend extra time in using and defending the clinch. :idea:

Donkey

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I did not get to see this fight. Was it UFC, or a Pride fight? It sounds like it would have been a good one. I work at night, so I hardly ever get to see them anymore. If you have any more info, please let me know.

• 1 month later...

I saw the fight and it was amazing how he controlled Franklin from the clinch so easily. It was good performance by the now champ.

I know this may seem a little off topic but Silva cant really be considered a Pride fighter anymore, he hasnt fought there in like 2 years and before that he didnt fight there for a year. Maybe he could be considered a Cage Rage fighter....His win doesnt bring UFC stock down IMO

http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/fightfinder.asp?FighterID=1356

here's his stats^

There is no teacher but the enemy.

It seems like there really is no sure thing in MMA anymore. Parity is coming about, it seems. It is so much fun to watch, because it seems like anyone can step up and win.