• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kudo / Daidojuku ?

IFKQ80

1- is Kudo / Daidojuku a forum or a style of karate or it is looked at as a different style now day (judo,aikido,karate-do and kudo)?

2- Does it still practice Kihon as in Kyokushin Karate and they are part of your grading and training?

3- Does it still practices traditional Kyokushin Karat Kata or not? If not do you have your own kata and is it part of your grading and training?

I hope somone as an answer to thoes Q?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Daidojuku is the name of the organisation formed by Azuma Jukucho when he broke from Kyokushin back in 81.

Kudo is the name now used to describe the Martial art we practise, rather than just Karate or MMA, because it has elements of both.

So rather than call it full contact karate/MMA we just say" Kudo". So it is a style of MA on its own.

It basicly means the way of emptiness. Similar in JKD in its philosophy of absorbing what is usefull without the enforced boundaries and limitations often associated with certain "styles".

Its strongly influenced by its Kyokushin roots and practises basic drills similar, but not identical , to those found in Kyokushin.

Muay Thai, Judo and Jujitsu basics and training methods are also practised, and tested at gradings.

But above all else sparring is the most important element in gradings.

We even have the option of competition gradings, where we are jugded by our performance in a particular tournament. Its very reults oriented. If you cant prove your skills in the ring, you dont get the belt.

Different dojos emphasise differnt things depending on the instructors personal tastes and area of expertise.

Kata is no longer practised.

Personally I feel much of the real bunkai of Okinawan Karate is absent or watered down in most of the Japanese styles and is no longer the best method for perfecting fighting skills.

Besides, with so much to practise in our training sessions there just isnt time for kata.

I hope this answers your questions. Feel free to ask me whatever.

"Today is a good day to die"

Live each day as if it were your last

Thank you for you answers Drag'n I agree with ps1 it’s the best description I got regarding this subject this should help me a lot in understanding what kudo is all about.

Please tell me what do you think of the following is it true or not?

Takashi Azuma Jukucho as you know he is a student of Oyama When Oyama considered the positive sides of Muay Thai after the fight with them he made a section which developed training methods and competition rules that would involve head punching, throwing and ground fighting.

Azuma was the leader of this section after several years Azuma came up with the present day Kudo. Oyama liked it very much and said that this is the complete Kyokushin but all over the world the competition rules were already settled so he wouldn't change them.

Then he gave his blessing to Azuma to start a new organization but forbid him to popularize the style outside Japan. When Oyama died in 1994 Azuma started to spread the style.

Thats interesting. I really couldnt say whether its true or not. My knowledge of daidojuku history and politics is very limited. It makes sense though.

I always thought it strange that Oyama didnt include grabbing and throwing in his tournaments, considering his own experience in Judo.

John Bluming also develpoed something similar didnt he?

Aaah, silly question but, where is Dubai? :(

There were a number of reasons why I got into Daidojuku. I had a rather mixed training background so I was looking for a style that would enable me to use what I already knew, but make it more complete.

I had done some kyokushin and Muay Thai, and I found them both to be very practical and enjoyed the hard training.

I wanted a style that allowed full contact, because I had done some non contact styles, and I felt that they just didnt have a realistic understanding of what works and what doesnt.

I liked the use of face gear because I didnt want my pretty face getting all beat up :P It also helps that I can fight with my contacts in and actually be able to see my opponent clearly!

I didnt want to be restricted by cumbersome gloves. I wanted to be able to grab, throw and lock.

I didnt want to get into pro MMA because i feel the level of contact goes a bit too far for my mentality. And I wanted something with a traditional Japanese Budo feel.

Daidojuku filled all these requirements perfectly.

I love it

OSU

I kind of like the sound of this Daidojuku. I have liked what I have read about Kyokushin as well, and this sounds great as well. Thanks for posting all of this information!

Is there a website that contains any information, like dojo locations and the like?