• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well; in my view, hitting him where it hurts is usually the good idea! :D :lol:

Seriously though; depends on the sceniro... Try doing some pressure points in the legs / ankles... As you are smaller, you should (in theory) be quicker and so evade his punches... Watch out for kicks... ;)

To know the road ahead; ask those coming back... ~ Chinese Proverb

" The ultimate aim of Karate lies not in victory or defeat, but in the perfection of the character of its participants. " ~ Master Funakoshi

Take them down to your level... if they can't stand up, they can't fight so good, so taking out the knees is an option if it's a serious fight. You also gotta be quick.

what goes around, comes around

My friend Chris is 6'5, and I'm about 5'10. He's a TSD guy, I'm a Wing Chun guy. He has REALLY long legs, so he can kick, as most taller people do. So, how to beat him? Get close and attack. Don't let him use his length to his advantage. If you're a ground fighter, he's done for. Take a pencil, snap it in half, easy. Snap the shorter half in half, not as easy. Works the same with their limbs too.

A swift kick to the knee will do some damage. Longer legs are easier to cripple typically, so leg shots are a good bet. I maintain that wrestling is the best idea though.

"They look up, without realizing they're standing in the palm of your hand"

"I burn alive to keep you warm"

how can a small guy defeat a taller, stronger fighter in a fight :-?

Chris05,

Do you mean in a real fight or during sparring in class? Cause those are two very different things.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

As has been said, grappling is a good idea, to take away the height advantage. Working angles and getting in close is good, too. Taking out the legs, as has been mentioned, is helpful.

When sparring, you have to cut to the side and try to evade the techniques while gaining ground, that way you get into his territory.

In a street fight, you don't want to be in there long. Do something devastating to take your opponent out. Groin shots sometimes just give an adrenaline shot to the opponent. Taking out the knee joints on a tall person is your best option and then a blow to the head ---> then get outof there.

Sparring: move in and out, but get close so your opponent cannot use his legs, but watch your head. Taller guys tip over easy too if you can knock them off balance.

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.