• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Now I have followed a total of 6 classes. I totally love it!

There are many boys and girls my age, the only difference is that they are all black/brown belts, so I do not spend a lot of tima with them or something.

Last weekend, the Karate World Championchip took place in Finland. One guy, Renee Smaal, son of my sensei Jaap Smaal, participated. He is only 19 years old and competed in the senior -75 group. He defeated his first two opponents and was beaten in the third round by an italian fighter. I think he did an awsome job, knowing this was his first WC, and he is only 19 years old.

Anyway, another sensei who trained me yesterday thought I had trained in another MA before shotokan. He thought I was doing really good. This really motivates me to train even harder! Really nice to hear those things, especially when it is your first MA.

Just wanted to tell you guy's and girls!

Tom

Train harder!

Currently: 7th kyu, yellow belt

Yesterday we did some side kicks. Mann, thats hard! being my first ma I wasn't so flexible in my hips. Really something to work on.

I definitely feel your pain on the side kicks! :lol: These are a tough one for me also. Especially doing them with my left leg, I've noticed a definite weakness in my left. Good luck to you! :)

"Without Ki, without Kime, there is no true Karate"

Thanks BM, I will keep trying my best!

Those side kicks really kill me when I want to kick them high (crappy english :P ). But it doesn't matter, I will just keep practicing them and eventually I will get better at them I hope. I can make a pretty nice side kick when I only kick as high as my hips, so I think I am doing just fine for now.

And left is worst than my right to :D Just have to keep practicing I guess.

Tom

Train harder!

Currently: 7th kyu, yellow belt