• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Isshin-ryu's Steve Armstrong

Sohan

Anybody know how Isshin-ryu Grandmaster Steve Armstrong is doing these days? Last I heard a few years ago he was in a nursing home and was rapidly declining in health. He would have had his 75th birthday on Sept 22, but in the last pictures I have seen publicly of him, he seemed very frail and weak.

Any info is appreciated. I certainly wish for him a quiet and peaceful twilight to a life that was indeed highlighted by a marvelous career in the promotion of Okinawan Karate-do.

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I am not really aware of who he is, but I will do a search and see what I can learn. Regardless of my lack of knowledge, hopefully you are right.

I'm not very knowledgable about Isshin Ryu, what I do know of it is all favorable. From that read Grandmaster Armstrong seems like a man after my own heart.....however, I'm a little biased being a Marine myself.....so I hope he's doing well.

I am not really aware of who he is, but I will do a search and see what I can learn. Regardless of my lack of knowledge, hopefully you are right.

this is Steve Armstrong http://www.bohans-family.com/Lineage/len/armstrong/armstrong.htm

Very interesting. Best wishes to him and his family. Thanks for the link!

I read that Master Armstrong is in a nursing home and as a result of the brain tumor he had in the 1980's has almost no short term memory and basically can not remember anything from 1989 on.

I will try to dig up the site I read it from...it was quite a long article.

This is the last I have heard about how he is doing. It was hard to see him like this. I am really curious as to how he is doing at the present, as this account is from 2001, I believe.

http://veritas.swiftsite.com/sensei.html

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu