• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

double wakizashi kata - just for fun

ered101

Hello all,

I am looking for a double wakizashi kata. Now, before everyone starts yelling, and saying that there are no double wakizashi forms (most Japanese double sword kata are Nito - long sword/short sword), I just want something to have fun with.

I have been steeped in tradition for a number of years, and am looking for a fun, energetic tournament kata. I have seen a few very impressive forms in the past. I am waaay too old to get extremely aerial, but I can get off the ground a little if I have to.

Like I said, I am a traditional stylist (who can't spell), but I unlike a lot of traditionalists, I like to have a little bit of fun too. After all, what good is a monk with no joy in his heart, and who can't dance?

Thanks

Ered

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Good luck finding something. Since the wakazashi doesn't carry the glamour of its big brother Katana, I think you will struggle finding something that is even made up. But, hey, you could do your own.

I suggest simply using the wakizashi instead of the second long sword. :)

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Oooh! I have been wanting to do a duel medium sword kata as well- but you just can't really find a form for them. And it's hard to get someone to teach you as well since you rarely see duel japanese swords. It'd probably be best to make your own.