• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Indeed, thank you for the information. Learn any new drills, exercises, etc?

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
not really anythimg i wasnt aware of, the only thing that was new/different for me was if someone were to throw a straight punch (left or right cross) was to step in at nearly 180 degrees and throw a double block. forearm closest to the hand would block as usual, but the other block closest to the body would actually elbow into the front of the shoulder.

That was pretty cool, sore shoulders after that workout...

'The key to immortality is to live a life worth remembering'

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
not really anythimg i wasnt aware of, the only thing that was new/different for me was if someone were to throw a straight punch (left or right cross) was to step in at nearly 180 degrees and throw a double block. forearm closest to the hand would block as usual, but the other block closest to the body would actually elbow into the front of the shoulder.

That was pretty cool, sore shoulders after that workout...

You can do this block with just the elbowing arm, too. Without stepping at 180, so what happens is you end up elbowing the punch. The block you're describing to me sounds like how I have been taught how to block a head kick or even a hook punch but without moving 180. I like what you're describing but prefer blocks/counters that involve the least ammount of movement. It's a great block that works good against the cross. Last time I was in Thailand I had someone that could block all of my tiips by raising his knees up right under my calf/heel/leg/etc. before I could strike him. I remember spending a day or two on trying to get this down with the individual and never even getting close to doing it in real time. I suppose this is one of many reasons why I'll never be an Arjarn : :D

Karate without bareknuckle kumite(kyokushin/knockdown rules)is dancing. Karate without kata isn't Karate.

BTW, I'm a horrible dancer.

• 2 weeks later...