• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hi everyone, i am going to Thailand this Friday. I will be spending 2 weeks in Pattaya. During my stay i will be looking for a camp to train at, I have been looking on the web and found a few camps in Pattaya.

I would like any suggestions on training camps in this area, if you have been there or a friend has trained there, and if it was any good. This is my first time to Thailand so I wanna make the most of it.

'The key to immortality is to live a life worth remembering'

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sorry for my late post...I just joined this site today & this may be too late. There's a bunch of Muay Thai Camps & training facilities in/around Pattaya...depending on where you're staying and times you want to train and if you want weight training too. The newest, most modern & probably most expensive one is the Fairtex Facility on North Pattaya Road.

Also lots of places for internet use...best deal is at telephone office on South Pattaya Road. If you're still looking or want more info on any camps give me a holler.

Although I live in Southern California, I've got a condo in Pattaya for my winter getaways and I've been into Muay Thai there for 20+ years, so I've got a little experience with the scene there...good luck and be safe...Lou

Bring back some photos and post them :)

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

• 2 weeks later...

well ppl, im back from my trip to Thailand. what an unreal place. sights were great and the training was fun.

i have several bruises, no concussions and lots of memories.

Now, down to the interesting stuff. I went to Fairtex in Pattaya (awesome place) this place has everything! very well organised and condition of the place is great. I did 2 training sessions there one morning session and an arvo session 3 hours each. both were great workouts which is just what i needed after days of being pestered by people to buy crap. each session started with warm ups skipping light bag work and so on. we would then work on some fundamentals (punching, elbows, knees, kicks, blocking etc etc). then the sparring, this was good fun, but i think they paired me with the begginers, because the people i got to spar with werent very good in the way of fitness, offence and defence. or they saw me as a tourist and didnt want to scare me off! never the less it was fun and still an experience. i didnt really see any ppl in there training for any up comming fights or if they were it didnt look like it. anyhow, if anyone is going over there, check this place out its unreal.

came back with more knowledge and understanding of muay thai i have several things i need to work on and some combos hat worked out well for me.

Lougacs, thanks for the info it is much apreciated, however it was a bit late and i only read it when i got home. i am jealous of your condo. it was something i checked out whilst over there and unfortunatly its something i cant afford just yet, but will be on my wish list.

Thanx for the support ppl. happy training....

'The key to immortality is to live a life worth remembering'