• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How many different types of kicks are there ?

As far as those jump and lfying kicks go I tent to listen to Bill Superfoot Wallace when He said,"I don't like leaving the ground becasue it may not be there when I come back."

No jump kicks for me LOL. Im much to big. LOL.....

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

LOL G.

I like doing jump kicks and stuff, because it keeps me young. I feel like a kid again when I do them :grin: As far as Bill's saying, I'd have to agree (if it was outside the dojang).

Laurie F

That's a pretty good list considering all the varieties among the styles....

The basics kicks I believed were covered...then variations of the basics such as Twist Kick (inverted roundhouse)?

and Rising Kick (front kick w/knee straightened.

Then... dropping, jumping, spinning, flipping, skipping, scissor, rolling, double roll....

Now ... you can add jumps/spins and combos among the kicks. Whether it's inside or outside (crescent) or jumping off back or lead leg (round or back) ... 360 or 540 (back, round, outside crescent with an added spin outside crescent)

It is almost necessary to jump your kick when performing combos such as hook/round and front/side same leg and front/side each leg throwing a kick; and then again jumping comes into play when covering distance as with the sidekick, round, front and hook.

Yes, there as many varieties as stars in the sky (good analogy!)

KarateForums Sensei

1st dan Black Tae Kwon Do

CardioKickboxing/Fitness Inst.

[ This Message was edited by: KickChick on 2002-05-06 11:49 ]