• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How many different types of kicks are there ?

I'm just wondering how many kicks I do know and can perform compared to the different kicks there are out there. I know of :

inner & outer thigh..

front kick, lead & back

round house, lead & back

side kick

head height kick

spinning back kick

crescent(sp?) kick

360 spin and crescent kick

some kind of 360 kick called a 'helicopter' or 'aerial'

I guess if I know 360, a 180 ..

kick before moving onto 360, where you jump up, doing a twisting roundhouse sort of thing.

run up and back leg for front kick

run up, front kick to get height, then powerful front kick with back leg.

step up side kick

back kick

pivot on one foot and twist to put a heel into something behind/on the side of you..

jumping spinning back kick

jumping back kick

This is all I can think of, and I've done them all in kickboxing.. Can anyone else add kicks which I haven't listed here ? Wanna get an idea of what I didn't learn, because I learnt knees, elbows and all the punches.

I can think of a flying side kick, which I might have done once ..

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Why did you not ask how many stars in the sky they are or grains of sand on the beach. LOL .

Basic Kicks

Front

Side

Back

Roundhouse

Cressant

Ax

Hook

To each you can add

Sanp

Thrust

Spin

Jump

Jump Spin

Jump Snap

Jump Thrust

Spin Snap

Spin Thrust

Rolling

Flipping

Also

Lead Leg

Back Leg

On one Knee

On Both knees

On your back

face down

laying on your side

Also we can break other kicks down to

instep

Ball of the foot

ankel locked

or falt part of the foot

Heel

Calves

Then we got all those special things

Scissors

Maching Gun

Split kicks

Sweeps

Knees

Im lost now heck any way you can hit someone with your foot is a kick for me good luck hope you find an answer.....

Congrats on the Brown Belt

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

lol, thanks =)

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

Hey, G, Ya forget a few hehehehe.

I know the average martial artists doesn't do these but here's a couple that weren't mentioned: 540, flash kick, ect.

Oh and the "flying" (running, jumping) kicks the Tang Soo Do is famous for. Bon mentioned the flying side kick. There's the flying roundhouse, front kick and back kick (which is hard for me to do in the air gggggrrrr). And the famous tornato kick, which is a 360 roundhouse and/or cresent. Oops, that was mentioned. :brow:

Laurie F

"It takes 100 repititions to learn the kick, 1000 repititions to be proficient in the kick, and 10,000 repitions to master the kick."

My Sabumnin said something similar to that a year ago, I can't remember it exactly. :smile:

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com

ad, i heard a quote similar to that. :smile: "I do not fear your 10,000 kicks you have practiced once, but your one kick you practiced 10,000 times"

about how high would you have to jump to be able to do those flying sidekicks. They look so cool. :razz:

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, for the most essential things are invisible to the eye.

Sorry KarateKid1975 lol. When I first started teaching I though it would be great to make a lost of everything I would ask for on each test. Then I ran into the same problem here. Way to many things to write down and say this is for that belt. So now I just play it by ear. LOL.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."