• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

mmmm i think that is a waste of time, and the fight should be over as quickly as possible. I wouldn't waste my time with tossing or spining moves.

A hard throw on a soild surface such as concrete, tile or hard packed ground is going to take the wind out of the average persons sails. I have seen trained grapplers get knocked out by a good throw. So it may only take one. And for just tossing them you may not want to engage with the person for example a rowdy drunken member of you family. There's a time and reason for every move in the martial arts.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point but if your in a situation with more than one oppoent then the ground moves are out of the question.

I think that there is no 1 style , and that to truly become a great martial artist and person you must take information from where ever you can.

mmmm i think that is a waste of time, and the fight should be over as quickly as possible. I wouldn't waste my time with tossing or spining moves.

A hard throw on a soild surface such as concrete, tile or hard packed ground is going to take the wind out of the average persons sails. I have seen trained grapplers get knocked out by a good throw. So it may only take one. And for just tossing them you may not want to engage with the person for example a rowdy drunken member of you family. There's a time and reason for every move in the martial arts.

I can attest that they can hurt on the mat as well :cry:

Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.

~Theodore Roosevelt

Good point but if your in a situation with more than one oppoent then the ground moves are out of the question.

So are the standup moves, for the most part. Fighting two people is not going to be any more successful standing up than it will be on the gound, other than the fact that you can run. And if you are running, then you are not fighting, so it isn't the same thing.