• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Looking into a TKD School

There's a TKD school that I'm looking into near where I go to college. I was wondering what kind of stuff I should look for in a TKD school to judge them. Any advice?

"Karate is NOT about the colour of belt you wear it is about the person you become;...to be a good blackbelt is to be humble and respectful amongst other things." -Dobbersky

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

It depends really on what you want to get out of your training. Most likely they will do some kicking, and some stretching. If they are sport oriented, you will get to do a lot of target drills and timing drills to improve the sparring side. A more traditional school may focus on forms and one-steps.

Meet with the instructor, and ask him some questions relating to these matters.

Personally, I have enjoyed my time in TKD, and I think you will, too, if the school is good.

I agree with Mr bushido and also would like to add one thing.

Black Belts, take a good, long-hard, look at them. This can tell you pretty much everything about a particular school (imo).

pain is weakness leaving the body.

fear is the mind killer, i will face my fear and let it pass threw me. from the movie "dune"

i know kung fu...show me. from the movie "the matrix"

Black Belts, take a good, long-hard, look at them. This can tell you pretty much everything about a particular school (imo).

I agree with this. Also, make sure you can attend a class that has predominantly mid to older teens and adults. Try to avoid classes where the adults are training with young children.

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.