• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I have been working on my kicking techniques and trying to improve the parts that I am weak on (hurricane kicks). I have recently come across Hee Il Cho's books on kicking and I have Bill Wallace's books as well. Are there any books or videos that one might suggest? as well as anything that one might suggest that I stay away from? Thanks.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Are you only trying to improve on your ariel kicks???

If your base is strong than you may want to look into some gymnastic type material. This can help with jumping, balance, etc.

pain is weakness leaving the body.

fear is the mind killer, i will face my fear and let it pass threw me. from the movie "dune"

i know kung fu...show me. from the movie "the matrix"

I am mainly trying to improve my arieal kicks and jumping kicks though I hope to improve my overall kicking as well. I am comfortable in executing most kicks. I have power and height though I would like to improve my speed.

I will see if I can find some information on gymnastics as it might apply to kicking.

yea i wouls like to learn some new aerial kicks as well i currently can do the chinese butterfly and the tornado kickand other basic aeril/jump kicks. i could probably do alot more but idk any! help!

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.

- martial arts legend:bruce lee

• 2 weeks later...

Learn the tornado really really well. Then go for the volley/540. From there you've got a basis to learn all the traditional korean 1.5-2 spin jump kicks. Bkick will lead you down the path to getting a btwist, which is a staple of tricking, and has many cool variations.

Cho Dan Hapkidoist and trickster.

Learn the tornado really really well. Then go for the volley/540. From there you've got a basis to learn all the traditional korean 1.5-2 spin jump kicks. Bkick will lead you down the path to getting a btwist, which is a staple of tricking, and has many cool variations.

what are those? the b kick and b rwist and volley/540?

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.

- martial arts legend:bruce lee

The 540 (sometimes referred to as a "volley" kick by TKD schools) is a tornado kick that lands on the kicking foot, with that foot making an upward arc in the air. The bkick is shorthand for "butterfly kick" a distinctly more wushu style kick (even though the chinese name of the kick doesn't mention anything about a butterfly, westerners named it that for some reason), in which you dip your head down (facing downwards) low to the ground in a downward arc, and then swing it up violently while kicking your legs up behind you towards the ceiling, landing on the first leg to leave the ground. Ideally, during this kick, your feet are above your head. A btwist (butterfly twist) is a bkick with an added 360 rotation while sideways in the air, which makes you land on the other foot (the one that leaves the ground last).

You can also go on youtube.com and search the names of tricks to get an idea of what they look like. Trickstutorials.com is another good site to visit if you want to learn the tricks. Hope that helps. :)

Cho Dan Hapkidoist and trickster.