• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Football season is here!!!

bushido_man96

The game was close through three quarters, but the Ravens dominated the 4th and turned it into a blowout. They will host whoever wins between Buffalo and KC. It will be the first time the AFC Championship game was played in Baltomore since 1971 when they were still the Colts.

Packers looked like they were going to pull off the upset, but the top seeded 49ers hold on and win. San Fran will host the winner of Tampa and Detroit. 49ers are now in their 4th NFC Championship Game in the last five years, and the third one in a row.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two good games on Sunday both decided by one possession. Lions hold on and beat Tampa while KC breaks Buffalo's heart again.

Championship games are scheduled for Sunday, times are pacific.

Chiefs @ Ravens 12pm on CBS

Lions @ 49ers 330pm on FOX

Ravens open at a 3.5 point favorite, 49ers at a 7 point favorite.

As a Bills fan, the latest defeat has me wondering if we are now in the same situation as the Tony Dungey Buccaneers from years ago, who got so close but needed to change coach to Jon Gruden to get over the hump and win a SuperBowl. The head coach has done an amazing job but i wonder if the players need a new voice (not sure who would be a good choice but i think the team is good enough that they would have a LOT of interest!)

Now the Bills are out i am going to have to root for the Lions - would be amusing to have them win the Superbowl only a few years after being historically awful!

It's no secret here, especially for those that have been here in KF for awhile, and that whenever the Cowboys season's over short of making it to the SB, I always support the Chiefs. When both the Cowboys and the Chiefs are eliminated one way or another, then I don't support any other NFL. Sure, whichever team in the SB is the underdog, I'll hope for the underdog, not support, just hope for the underdog.

Great win over the hosting Bills for the Chiefs. Great win for the hosting Lions over the Buccaneers.

My prediction for which 2 teams will be in the SB are both of the #1 seeds 49ers and the Ravens. While the Lions and the Chiefs have played well enough for them to move into the NFL Conference Championships games, beating the 49ers and the Ravens will be a tough thing to do...not impossible...just tough.

GO CHIEFS!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

As a Bills fan, the latest defeat has me wondering if we are now in the same situation as the Tony Dungey Buccaneers from years ago, who got so close but needed to change coach to Jon Gruden to get over the hump and win a SuperBowl. The head coach has done an amazing job but i wonder if the players need a new voice (not sure who would be a good choice but i think the team is good enough that they would have a LOT of interest!)

I'd be careful here. I'm not sure a coaching change is what would push them over the hump. I don't know that there was anything happening in that game coaching wise that made think anyone's job should be in jeopardy. I feel like in the world of athletics today people are way too eager to see a coach fired. It's really hard to win games in the NFL, and even harder in the playoffs. They could fire the coach, sure, but then who knows what kind of coach the next one will be? Who would it be? And the Bill's coach has had great success. This year was a great coaching job, after starting out on the lam, and then ending up winning their division like they did. I think it's a case of the devil you know vs the devil you don't. Making a coaching change would be a huge mistake, I think.

The fake punt was a terrible idea, but they got bailed out by the D when the fumble went into the endzone. You're not the only one who wants a coaching change in Buffalo. A lot of fans are unhappy. They should also be unhappy with Stephon Diggs who had a whole 21 yards on three receptions and no touchdowns. Nearly 100 million dollars to this guy and he comes up empty in the big game yet again.

I'd be careful here. I'm not sure a coaching change is what would push them over the hump. I don't know that there was anything happening in that game coaching wise that made think anyone's job should be in jeopardy. I feel like in the world of athletics today people are way too eager to see a coach fired. It's really hard to win games in the NFL, and even harder in the playoffs. They could fire the coach, sure, but then who knows what kind of coach the next one will be? Who would it be? And the Bill's coach has had great success. This year was a great coaching job, after starting out on the lam, and then ending up winning their division like they did. I think it's a case of the devil you know vs the devil you don't. Making a coaching change would be a huge mistake, I think.

It's a weird one - i wholeheartedly agree that the coach has done a great job, the team is consistently good and always ranked amongst the top few in the nfl in several metrics. The other side of me though thinks that the teams has probably 1-2 more years left in the current window and i just can't see him getting us past Andy Reid's Chiefs.

When it gets to the playoffs the fact that so much of our offence comes through Josh Allen begins to hinder us. Cook was a big improvement this year on prior years RBs but we need someone who can (if needed) carry the team a bit and let us grind out the clock without getting Allen too banged up. Personally with the coaches available this year i would take the gamble on a new one for the last year or two of this window and see if they can get over the hump. I just keep being reminded of Dungy at the Buccaneers or even Bill Cowher at the Steelers (who was a great coach) with them suddenly improving once Tomlin took over.

It might not work out at all if they change coach and it would be harsh on him but it does seem to be the same every year. We have one of (in my opinion) the top 2 QBs in the league (i think it's him and Mahomes at the top), with a historically unique skill set (best running QB ever i think with a top tier arm too) and we just keep missing out. If we had reached a superbowl then i would give him a little more slack

The fake punt was a terrible idea, but they got bailed out by the D when the fumble went into the endzone. You're not the only one who wants a coaching change in Buffalo. A lot of fans are unhappy. They should also be unhappy with Stephon Diggs who had a whole 21 yards on three receptions and no touchdowns. Nearly 100 million dollars to this guy and he comes up empty in the big game yet again.

I would say came up empty a lot through the season and playoffs. He is usually so good but also seems a bit of a diva (like a lot of top WRs). Hopefully it is just an off year and not the begins of a slide. I think we need another top level WR to stop teams doubling him and then see how it goes.

I know it's harsh on the HC but i think it's time. He is beginning to remind me of Mauricio Pochettino (the Chelsea manager) who is a great coach but just doesn't win. He won a little at PSG since they had so much greater resources but even then he did his best to not win. He always gets plaudits for developing teams etc but they don't get trophies. I wonder if the Bills HC is the same - really good coach but not quite able to win

The Atlanta Falcons have interviewed Lions offensive coordinator Ben Johnson for the head coach position and appear to have a second interview scheduled for next week. Johnson might also get consideration from other teams. Washington and Seattle appear interested.

Reports are that Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh is talking with the LA Chargers and they are "within striking distance" of coming to an agreement. Makes sense, Harbaugh is a California guy. Coached at Stanford and the San Fransisco 49ers.

The Raiders and Patriots have named their coaches, but the Falcons, Commanders, Panthers, Chargers, Titans, and Seahawks are still searching.

Despite coaching changes to the staff in Philly it looks like Nick Sirianni will remain with the Eagles next season.