• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Football season is here!!!

bushido_man96

Just found out today, that our cable company picked up the NFL Network. Now, I have football, 24/7, even during off-season!!! :D :D My wife, however, does not echo my enthusiasm so much. :lol:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, this week, the Chiefs play in St. Louis against the Rams for the Governor's Cup. My brother and his wife live in Missouri, and they are going to the game this weekend. They are both Rams fans, so I am hoping for the Chiefs to take it to them, so I can have one over on my brother.

Some unfortunate news that I have heard this week is that Priest Holmes will most likely be retiring at the end of the season. He is supposed to see a neurologist sometime soon, and will then give an announcement. He was a great person, and a great player, for the Kansas City Chiefs. He gave the team a rushing threat that they had not had since the Nigerian Nightmare, Christian Okoye, played there. He holds most of the KC rushing records, and is sure to be in the KC ring of fame soon.

Now, Larry Johnson will carry the torch, and I expect him to hold every Chief rushing record within the next 4 years.

Just found out today, that our cable company picked up the NFL Network. Now, I have football, 24/7, even during off-season!!! :D :D My wife, however, does not echo my enthusiasm so much. :lol:

You lucky dog! Our cable provider dropped it :kaioken: so my hubby is demanding another satellite system dedicated to football! We are soo bummed!!

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

You lucky dog! Our cable provider dropped it :kaioken: so my hubby is demanding another satellite system dedicated to football! We are soo bummed!!

8)

I would be uspest, too, if I were you! I was so afraid that I wasn't going to be able to watch the Chiefs play on Thanksgiving this year because our cable provider had not gotten the NFL Network yet.

Alright, the Chiefs pull a nice one in a 31-17 win in St. Louis, and bring home the Governor's Cup once again. LJ had a great day, with 172 rushing yards and 1 TD. Huard continues to play very efficiently, and the defense harrassed Marc Bulger and Steven Jackson in the first half to the tune of 3 turnovers. Jared Allen was an animal for the defense today.

Unfortunately, they decided not to come back and play until the 4th quarter. I was a little upset about this, but, it worked out. They managed to put together two great scoring drives when they needed to in the second half, keeping the game out of reach of the Rams.

The bad news is that Pro-Bowl guard Brian Watters (knee) was taken off the field today, and Rookie DE Tamba Hali (hip pointer) also left the game. Derrick Johnson left the game with an ankle problem, and a backup LB, Keyaron Fox, was also injured. Safety Greg Wesley also suffered a shoulder injury. :bawling:

Now, the good news, the positive notes. Trent Green suited up today. He was not scheduled to play, but was a step in his process to returning to the starting QB position. I can't wait. He has the Raiders game circled as his target return time, on November 19. And the best possible news ever in the world, is the fact that my brother was actually at the game, and he was giving me guff about the Chiefs losing. Well, I guess I should give him a call!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nah, I am better than that! :D

More news. It just gets better. Tony Gonzalez set Kansas City Chiefs records today for total yards from scrimmage, and total touchdowns. Also, Gonzalez only needs 3 more TDs to tie Shannon Sharpe for the NFL record for TDs by a Tight End.

An additional note. Coming up with the idea of playing for the Governor's Cup is great! These two teams were flying around, hitting each other, scrapping a little; this is building into a great inner-state rivalry. I like this rivalry, and it seems like it could escalate to the level of Chiefs-Raiders. This is a great thing for football, and I hope it continues to grow.

Ok, this week the Chiefs go to Miami for a showdown with the Dolphins. Unfortunately, there are some injuries: LB Derrick Johnson will not play, and an already depleted offensive line loses Pro Bowl G Brian Watters; Kevin Sampson will also miss this week at Tackle. Safety Greg Wesley may not play as well.

Time to see if the young ones can step it up!

OK, Patrick. Let me have it. Don't worry, I can take it like a man!! :bawling: :bawling:

All the injuries finally caught up with the Chiefs this week. The line could not protect or block very well, and Miami has a very stout defense, to their credit. After beating the Bears last week, they were probably feeling invincible. They also managed to beat up Tony Gonzalez, so I will have to see what his condition is.

Now, the Chiefs have to focus on two big division games against Oakland and Denver, respectively.