• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Football season is here!!!

bushido_man96

Thanks Bob. :)

Before yesterday, in the history of the franchise, after being shutout for the first 3 quarters, our record was 0-31. So, that doesn't happen very often.

Everything is amazing right now. :lol:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KC dropped one to Tampa Bay. Not a huge deal, I guess, but I would have liked to see the momentum continue going into next week's match-up with Denver.

• 2 weeks later...

How about them 11-1 Cowboys!!

Vikings gave the Cowboys a tough fight to the very end...17-15 in Vikings new fixed-roof stadium. That stadium evened the playing surface, and favored the Cowboys. How so? Well, many kept telling me that the Cowboys have the very cold Minnesota weather to deal with, and that's where the Vikings have the advantage. I scoffed at that as I reminded them about the Vikings NEW STADIUM....UNDER A ROOF...OUT OF THE ELEMENTS OF MOTHER NATURE!!

Dak keeps showing me that he's there for a reason, and not for just a season. Dak's showing us all that mobility that has, imho, been lost for some time now, since Romo has had 9 concussions, after all, I'd be gun shy myself. The entire Cowboys team, and not just Dak, show up to, not only play, but to get that "W"!!

Next, the Giants at their house!! NO PROBLEM!! Today, the Steelers defeated the Giants 24-14, and we defeated the Steelers, not to long ago. But, I must put my excitement in check because this is the NFL and just because the Cowboys are hot right now, NO WIN IS GUARANTEED UNTIL THE FAT LADY SINGS!!

Some good games today; made watching the NFL on TV worth it!!

How did your team do today, please!!

GO COWBOYS!!

:wave:

**Proof is on the floor!!!

How about them 11-2 Cowboys!! Yes, I did say 11-2...our 11 game winning streak has ended. Team that killed the streak? None other than the Giants!! Wait...the Cowboys killed that streak themselves by forgetting the most important rule of the game...bring your heart to every play!!

Here's my recap...as dismal as it might seem...

Cowboys LOST to the Giants in their house; 10-7!

Cowboys didn't win the NFC Division...as of yet!

What a difference 2 Dak interceptions make...his first...his second...in a game of inches! Now, is not the time to emulate Romo on the field with interceptions.

1-15 in 3rd down conversions...not a welcomed stats when 1st downs are necessary for a chance at getting a 'W', and not an 'L'!

Not one snow flake on a dreary very cold New Jersey night!

The real winner in this game was Mother Nature; she was in full force! 20 degrees at kick off...with 10-20mph winds.

JERRY JONES, the Cowboy owner, DO NOT BRING ROMO BACK; HE'S NOT THE ANSWER!

Even though the Cowboys lost to the Giants, for the 2nd time, their still the best in the NFL!

Hats off to Eli and the Giants; they've figured out the Cowboys this year, and that's a fact!

We've got the Buccaneers...at home, Lions...at home, and Eagles...in their house...to still go; a tough season still remains in these opponents!

How did your team do this week?? Hopefully your team did far better than the Cowboys!!

GO COWBOYS!!

:)

Tannehill injured: :bawling:

Dolphins win: :)

Outlook: :-?

Feeling: 8)

That was indeed, imho, a great win for the Dolphins!!

Patriots with an 11-2, and the Dolphins with a 8-5 record...Do you feel that your Dolphins can secure a wildcard spot?? I do!!

:)

If we go 2-1, we have a great chance.

Well, your Dolphins took care of the Jets...one down 2 to go. Bills first, then the Patriots; Dolphins need on more per your quote above. Both the Bills and the Patriots are not going to be easy, however, anything's possible in the NFL. Imho, you've better chance to get the 'W' from the Bills, then with the Patriots because while your Dolphins, at home, have a 6-1 record, against the Patriots away record of 6-0...tough game, indeed.

The Dolphins have a tough season to still be played!!

Brian's Chief's seem to be sitting far better than our teams, Dolphins and Cowboys, playoff's that is; Chiefs with a 4-0 divisional record, even though the Titans squeaked by the Chiefs late week.

GO COWBOYS!!

I'm not going to lie and say that I wasn't nervous at all against the Buccaneers, no not at all. The Buccaneers were on a 6 game winning streak, and this game seemed to favor the Buccaneers more than the Cowboys because the Cowboys had just lost to the Giants, which ended their 11 game winning streak.

Back and forth, these two teams battled. But what plagued the Cowboys last year, plagued the Buccaneers last night...3 interceptions...turnovers are the things that plague even the strongest of NFL teams.

Cowboys win this battle with the Buccaneers with a score of 26-20, which was nearly the score that was predicted by the experts where they saw the Cowboys victories over the Buccaneers with a score of 26-24.

The stars, imho, of that game was the Cowboys defense. Whether it be called luck or magic or skill, one can ascertain for themselves, but in only the third week in a row, and 10th time this season, Dallas held its opponent to no more than 20 points. Yes, the Giants defeated the Cowboys last week, and that's the most important thing, but the Giants only scored 10 hard fought points. Nonetheless, the Buccaneers could only manage 276 total offense yards...their 3rd down conversions were only a mere 4-of-12...the Cowboys controlled the ball for a fraction over 36 minutes, while the Buccaneers only controlled the ball just shy of 24 minutes.

Now, the Cowboys are to host Detroit in an attempt to tame the Lions; that too, has the potentiality of it being a difficult task as well; not an easy task, but doable. The 9-5 Lions, which are in 1st place in the NFC North, and were at the losing end of a Giant victory 17-6; which that Giant win snapped the Lions 5 game winning streak. So the Lions are not going to be an easy win for the Cowboys!!

Then after that, onto our Philadelphia rivalry to cap the regular season back in the Eagles territory, who aren't having a stellar season because, as of right now, the Eagles have a 5-9 record, and sit in 4th place in the NFC East, and that win is crucial if the Cowboys are to win the Conference, and home field advantages throughout the playoffs. No, easy days are never guaranteed in the NFL.

GO COWBOYS!!

:D

Dolphins in the playoffs for the first time since 2008! From 1-4 to clinching in week 16. Wow. There are some happy people around here. 🐬 🏈 Thanks to the Chiefs for finishing that up for us!