• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Football season is here!!!

bushido_man96

That was some Super Bowl game. After Kearse made that catch, I kind of felt for the Pats, getting ready to lose another one on some miracle reception. But, its never over until its over.

Heheheheheheheheheeheheheheheheheheeheheee.....don't you just love it!!

GO COWBOYS!!

:D

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• 1 month later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The football season is over, but the "silly season" of free agency is in full swing. It looks like Suh is going to get paid by the Dolphins, Revis is looking to make some money somewhere, and Hoyer is going to visit the Houston Texans.

The Chiefs have been somewhat active; Tamba Hali had agreed to restructure his contract, Juston Houston has been franchised for this year, and it appears that Jeremy Maclin will be reunited with Andy Reid as he will reportedly sign with KC this week. I do like this signing, as Dwayne Bowe has really been disappointing in his performance. I don't think Alex Smith is as limited as many others think he is, and with the addition of Maclin to the WR corps, I think he will play even better next season.

So my Saints just released Pierre Thomas, Curtis Lofton (defensive captain) and traded Jimmy Graham. And they're now fielding offers for Drew Brees. Not sure what's going on in the front office, but they're not making the Who Dat nation very happy right now!!

Seek Perfection of Character

Be Faithful

Endeavor

Respect others

Refrain from violent behavior.

I agree...what in the world is the front office thinking?? The Saints needs, imho, to leave well alone, or their going to earn the name again...Aints.

I mean, come on!! Maybe the front office is fielding for multiple First Picks in the draft; players are that expendable when it comes to First Picks!!

:)

I'm really pumped about Suh. Hopefully we can get it done. I can't say I haven't had issues with his on the field stuff before, but at the same time, he hasn't had any off the field issues, coaches and teammates seem to love him and everyone says he is a hard worker.

Maclin is a great pickup for the Chiefs!

The Saints have been interesting to watch. Their cap situation is rough. They are still about 5 million over the cap from what I am seeing.

As an aside, wanted to mention that the site I enjoy checking the most for the latest info is Pro Football Rumors. I like it because it is essentially a clearinghouse of all info and they cite the sources properly.

If all you do is go there and refresh the page every little while, you'll be totally informed on what's going on. The team pages are under "Teams" in the menu.

For example:

Chiefs: http://www.profootballrumors.com/kansas-city-chiefs/

Saints: http://www.profootballrumors.com/new-orleans-saints/

Cowboys: http://www.profootballrumors.com/dallas-cowboys/

Also, if you want to know your team's salary cap situation and what they will receive if they cut a player, check out Over the Cap. Click your team at the top and you can get all sorts of info. The salary cap for 2015 is $143.28 million.

Cool, info, Patrick. Thanks for those links.

Its got to be tough for those GMs and owners that have to keep an eye on that stuff, and then listen to fans who get upset because their favorite players leave or get released. But, the NFL is a business, and I've learned to not become overly attached to players, because things can change so much from one year to the next.

I was surprised the Saints moved Graham, but signed Mark Ingram. I don't think Brees will be moving, though.

I also saw on that site, Patrick, that the Eagles picked up Sam Bradford. That's very interesting. If he can stay healthy for a season, then who knows what he does in Chip Kelly's system? I will be interested to see how Chip's system works throughout next year.

Now that the emotion has worn off, I have the following thoughts about moving Graham. He is a horrible downfield blocker. He tends to do well against poor defenses but get locked down against good ones. And he's injured a good bit. We got, in return, a great center in a year where we had a horrible offensive line. And we got another 1st round pick. AND we have money now!

I loved Graham when he was on. But this has the potential to help the Saints more than it hurt them. AND we had Browner and Trumond Williams in the Big Easy yesterday! So we may be okay.

Seek Perfection of Character

Be Faithful

Endeavor

Respect others

Refrain from violent behavior.

Now that the emotion has worn off, I have the following thoughts about moving Graham. He is a horrible downfield blocker. He tends to do well against poor defenses but get locked down against good ones. And he's injured a good bit. We got, in return, a great center in a year where we had a horrible offensive line. And we got another 1st round pick. AND we have money now!

I loved Graham when he was on. But this has the potential to help the Saints more than it hurt them. AND we had Browner and Trumond Williams in the Big Easy yesterday! So we may be okay.

Its hard to do for fans, but taking a step back and looking at the team as a business, which is what it is, you can start to see the wheels turning as to what is going on. As much as we'd like to have our teams keep all of our favorite players forever, it just isn't feasible, nor practical. When Tony Gonzalez left for Atlanta, I understood completely, and wished him well. He's still one of my favorite players, regardless of where he played after KC. The older I get, the less and less I get attached to players.

• 5 months later...
Is it time to resurrect this sucker? :)

YES IT IS!! No better time than the present.

GO COWBOYS!!

After last season, this season, more than before, I'm starting to think that the Cowboys might get deeper in the playoffs, than before! Was their schedule lighter than usual? No, no more than others, imho.

Brain's Chiefs have potential! Patrick's Dolphin have potential! Name the team, they've the same potential!! Human errors and just crazy dumb luck, separates the greats from the not-so-great.

I predict that the Cowboys will...get closer to the Super Bowl, but not in the Super Bowl until...2017.

GO COWBOYS!!

:bow: