• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Football season is here!!!

bushido_man96

Time for my armchair quarterback rant. After watching our bitter rivals, the Falcons, eliminate the Saints from playoff contention last week, I started to reflect on what frustrated me about this season. First was the lack of urgency from the "fat cats" that have leveraged the Saints' future with their salary demands. Brees, one of the best QB's to play the game, and one of my favorites ever, threw an unacceptable number of interceptions. Now, I place most of the blame on him, but that leads me to this- the poor offensive line play. Evans, Grubbs, and even Strief were once part of the best offensive line in football. This year, they stunk, and that is part of the reason Brees threw so many ill advised passes that turned into pics. Onto Jimmy Graham. In the offseason, he whined about being paid like a receiver and promptly began playing like a diva. He gave up on routs, he got knocked around by players half his size, and he flat out gave little to no effort on some plays. Marquis Colston seemed to drop more passes than he held onto. Onto the defense. We signed the prized FA safety- Byrd. And although his season was cut short due to injury, he played like hot garbage before he was hurt. Cam Jordan and Junior Galette, 2 of the most surprising players from last season played more like house cats rather than the ferocious lions they pretended to be last season. Our pass rush was non existent, and our tackling was nowhere to be found. Kenny Vaccaro played like he was allergic to contact.

In my opinion, the only players that earned their salaries were Pierre Thomas (as always), Mark Ingram, and Kenny Stills. Everyone else played without a sense of urgency, and that's what makes me sick. We will not be blessed with another quarterback with the God given talent that Brees has for a while, and we wasted another year of his prime.

Sorry for the long post. Just needed to rant!

Seek Perfection of Character

Be Faithful

Endeavor

Respect others

Refrain from violent behavior.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time for my armchair quarterback rant. After watching our bitter rivals, the Falcons, eliminate the Saints from playoff contention last week, I started to reflect on what frustrated me about this season. First was the lack of urgency from the "fat cats" that have leveraged the Saints' future with their salary demands. Brees, one of the best QB's to play the game, and one of my favorites ever, threw an unacceptable number of interceptions. Now, I place most of the blame on him, but that leads me to this- the poor offensive line play. Evans, Grubbs, and even Strief were once part of the best offensive line in football. This year, they stunk, and that is part of the reason Brees threw so many ill advised passes that turned into pics. Onto Jimmy Graham. In the offseason, he whined about being paid like a receiver and promptly began playing like a diva. He gave up on routs, he got knocked around by players half his size, and he flat out gave little to no effort on some plays. Marquis Colston seemed to drop more passes than he held onto. Onto the defense. We signed the prized FA safety- Byrd. And although his season was cut short due to injury, he played like hot garbage before he was hurt. Cam Jordan and Junior Galette, 2 of the most surprising players from last season played more like house cats rather than the ferocious lions they pretended to be last season. Our pass rush was non existent, and our tackling was nowhere to be found. Kenny Vaccaro played like he was allergic to contact.

In my opinion, the only players that earned their salaries were Pierre Thomas (as always), Mark Ingram, and Kenny Stills. Everyone else played without a sense of urgency, and that's what makes me sick. We will not be blessed with another quarterback with the God given talent that Brees has for a while, and we wasted another year of his prime.

Sorry for the long post. Just needed to rant!

Solid post!!

Isn't the NFL, at times, the cause of us fans' rantings! :P

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like either Watt or Rodgers will win the MVP. Romo had a higher QBR than Rodgers, but it seems like he's going to get dinged because he had a better supporting cast on offense. Still, can't take anything away from the QB with the 6th highest passer rating ever.

The Dolphins put together another mediocre season. Since Brian started this thread back in 2006, they have had a grand total of 1 winning season. It's been a rough decade. Ouch.

That said, it was fun having a 4,000 yard passer and a 1,000 yard rusher (happening together for the first time in franchise history). Tannehill is very clearly the best QB that we've had since Marino, and it's not even close. I'm encouraged by his progress.

It just seemed like the injuries piled up and we had no one who could step up. Especially Brandon Albert. When he went down in week 10, that was really big. We went 3-5 after that point. Losing Louis Delmas in week 14 was meaningful, too.

Our rushing defense was just terrible, all of a sudden, starting in week 12. In our first 10 games, we allowed 4 teams to rush for over 100 (and none for over 200). In our final six, we allowed all 6 over 100, including 2 over 200. It was a crazy swing. Oh well.

Congrats to fans of teams who made the playoffs. :)

The Panthers won today (the Cardinals only managed 78 total yards against them) and, as I write, the Ravens are beating the Steelers, 7-6.

Solid post, Patrick!!

Very interesting about your report on the MVP. I remember the buzz on the many sport programs on the TV touted Romo as the favored winner of this years MVP. Having said that, your analysis made much more since. Yes, imho, Romo had a great year compared to prior years. Whomever wins the MVP, they deserve all of the spoils that accompanies the award.

I feel for the Dolphins....makes you miss Marino all the more. The Dolphins will put everything together again chemistry-wise, but finding that championship chemistry will take some time. Hang in there, Patrick!!

Cowboys meet the Lions today! Should be a great game or a blowout!! Either way, I hope the Cowboys win...just as long as they keep their heads screwed on straight!!

GO COWBOYS!!

Bring on the Packers!!

What a game the Lions played; I thought the Lions were going to win...but that was not to be. Great game!

Now on the road to Green Bay with a 12-4 record against the Cowboys' 13-4 with momentum. The Cowboys will have to do much better on January 11th than they did against the Lions!

I'm optimistic for a win in Lambeau, and the stats of both teams do favor both teams; Packers have won 8 straight home games and the Cowboys have won 8 straight away games...stats can be misleading!!

Good luck to both teams!!

GO COWBOYS!!

21-26...Packers win the NFC Divisional Championship with some true grit; two TD's to rally past the Cowboys! I was left with disbelieve and a wide open mouth of discontent!!

It was a see-saw game, and as much as I was optimistic about a Cowboy win, it was not to be so! Not today and not this year!

Rodgers showed his mettle when must win games are at hand. Same for Romo on this particular day, but the spoils of the victory clearly favored Rodgers. Coined the Ice Bowl II, both teams stayed warm through nutrition and determination.

Packers had a bit more umph than the Cowboys when the fat lady sung loud and true!!

Congratulations to the Packers because on this day they thawed out a bit more than the Cowboys with the Divisional win at Lambeau Field!! Packers now travel to Seattle for the NFC Championship game. Seattle beat the Packers in the beginning of the season. Good luck to the Packers and the Seahawks; may the best team win!!

GO COWBOYS!!

I live in Arlington and I am currently at work. Not being a big football fan I wasn't too worried about the game tonight. However, the hour of yelling and lamenting that followed showed me that most of my co-workers were. They did not share you attitude about the lose.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

It was a good game. And Dallas's offensive line is friggin' awesome!!

I wish my Saints would have followed that blueprint and put those horses around Drew. Drew throws the ball so much better when he's not throwing from the ground!

Anyhow, I hope Green Bay destroys Seattle! I hope Rodgers throws for 1,000 yards.

Seek Perfection of Character

Be Faithful

Endeavor

Respect others

Refrain from violent behavior.

• 4 weeks later...

Congrats to the Patriots win over the Seahawks....a well fought battle on both sides of the ball.

Until next season...

GO COWBOYS!!

:D

That was some Super Bowl game. After Kearse made that catch, I kind of felt for the Pats, getting ready to lose another one on some miracle reception. But, its never over until its over.