• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Football season is here!!!

bushido_man96

The 2014 Draft has come and gone. How do you think your team did?

I think KC did pretty well. Another pass rusher, with speed to burn, will be great. I'm interested in seeing how well Andy Reid can groom Aaron Murray for NFL duty. May be a good future set up there.

Credo Te, how do you feel about the Browns drafting Johnny Manziel?

I do think it is a smart move, but to borrow from Bob's "Proof is on the Floor", proof will be on the field. Meaning, will the Brownies be able to actually play him correctly? If they are able to, will Johnny "Mr Football" be able to handle it? Overall, I'm cautiously optimistic.

The Browns came away looking like geniuses. Though I don't really understand why they are publicly announcing that they told him to "act like a backup." You drafted Johnny Manziel. That brings some fanfare. If you want him to change, you should have drafted someone else.

I feel like he knows that he's a backup right now, but he's also a young guy who will try his best to win that job. And if you feel like you need to tell him to "act like a backup," don't tell the press about it. But that's just me.

Yeah, that's been pretty typical of Brownies team management. IMHO, their ignorance is a significant reason why the team has struggled so much to retain good players and produce a winning season. Right now, we're not even looking for Super Bowl wins. Just build a team that can consistently achieve .500+ seasons.

This is also why drafting Johnny seemed so surprising and such a win for the team. We're not used to things like that happening... :lol:

Nope... We're used to things like this happening (thank you Josh Gordon):

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000348872/article/browns-josh-gordon-faces-potential-suspension

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/05/jimmy_haslam_expects_josh_gord.html

:roll:

Remember the Tii!

In Life and Death, there is no tap-out...

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait for the season to start! My Saints drafted the fastest receiver at the combine and a 6'3" DB that should be similar to Sherman. We filled holes at all positions. Add Victor Butler back to the mix, and the defense should rival Seattle. No need to get into the offense! I'm pumped!

Seek Perfection of Character

Be Faithful

Endeavor

Respect others

Refrain from violent behavior.

• 3 months later...

Well...week #1...didn't end up too well for my Cowboys...and of course...interception prone Romo threw 3 IT's...

49ers took care of us with the help of Romo.

Hopefully, next week with the Titans might end up better, however, the Titans will be off a win against the Chiefs.

GO COWBOYS!!

How did your team do??

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Well, in usual Brownies fashion, they look good for a majority of the game, but end up blowing it in the end... :lol: For a minute there, I actually thought they might WIN against the Steelers at Pittsburgh. What was I THINKING?!?

I wonder how many "almost-wins" the Brownies will rack up this season. Silver lining, though, is Hoyer didn't look to bad; thought he did well for first game and at Brownies' rival's field...

On the flip-side, the Bengals managed to beat the Ravens in Baltimore for the first time in 5 seasons. Yay.

Remember the Tii!

In Life and Death, there is no tap-out...

• 1 month later...

Yep, the Dolphins had us excited for all of one week. Heh. Still optimistic, of course.

Patrick

I hear you, Patrick, I hear you. I'm suspecting that, even though the Cowboys have only lost their first game, the dawn of the end of the tunnel is far in the distance. I'm predicting that the Cowboys will win one or two more before their win streak ends...history dictates that about the Cowboys. Romo will have a bad outing in the beginning of the season, and then win 5-6 straight before the floor crumples under their feet...one game at a time, and as of late, they will drop the last 3 games of the season.

However, I'm optimistic like you, Patrick, when it comes to the Cowboys. I also know that Brain can't be all to thrilled with his Chiefs as of late, but I suppose he's just as optimistic with the Chiefs as we are with the Dolphins and the Cowboys.

Could be worse! We all could be fans of the Jaguars or the Raiders, we haven't won a game the entire season so far, or the Jets, Titans, Redskins, Buccaneers, or the Rams who've only won 1 game!!

GO COWBOYS!!

:)

30-23 against the Seahawks in their home....COWBOYS WIN!! 5-1 record this year!! How about them COWBOYS!!

GO COWBOYS!!

:D

30-23 against the Seahawks in their home....COWBOYS WIN!! 5-1 record this year!! How about them COWBOYS!!

GO COWBOYS!!

:D

Now I don't feel so bad that they whooped my Saints!!

Seek Perfection of Character

Be Faithful

Endeavor

Respect others

Refrain from violent behavior.