• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Football season is here!!!

bushido_man96

It is my opinion that the quality of ads slipped since last year.

I will now retreat from the football thread, before the superfans beat me up.

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spot on for the predictions, Bob!

As for the commercials, they were ok. I really liked the Paul Harvey/Ram commercial. Other than that, I wasn't overly impressed, either. My kids were watching when the Go-Daddy commercial came on. That was a bit much, I thought.

• 3 weeks later...

Alex Smith headed to KC! A second round pick and a conditional mid-rounder. That's a big trade.

• 4 weeks later...
Alex Smith headed to KC! A second round pick and a conditional mid-rounder. That's a big trade.

A good move, I think. No one to draft at QB this year, at least not as a starter, as near as I can tell. Although I'm interested in Gino Smith, but not sold enough on him to risk 1st round pick. Draft Joekel, and then look to other needs.

How about that Dumerville mishap? Ravens picked up a good one there, and they needed a good move like that. However, I won't count the Ravens out, as they always seem to make smart moves, even if they are unpopular. Letting Boldin get away was a bad move, though, I think. Good pick up for the 49ers.

We'll see what the Welker signing shows us. Lots of New Englander's didn't like this one, but in the end, how many mistakes does Robert Kraft make? Listening to Colin Cowherd, I learned that Welker's best year before coming to NE was a 600+ yard season. I also understand that NE offered him better guaranteed money than Denver, but he still went to Denver. Seeing that play out should be interesting.

I like Alex Smith.

For the first time in as long as I can remember, a lot of people are saying the Dolphins are one of the winners of free agency, if not the winner. Like I said, that's the first time I can really remember that happening, so that's pretty great.

Of course others are saying that we may have overspent, but I'm really happy with the pieces we're putting around Tannehill. It's clear that we're building what could be a very strong pass offense. Bringing back Hartline was great. Bess is a good receiver. Then to add Mike Wallace, obviously huge, and then Brandon Gibson with a pass catching TE like Dustin Keller. That's really exciting.

Plus it seems like we were able to get a really great LB in Dannell Ellerbe from the Ravens.

Probably the most exciting I've been about a Dolphins season in a while.

The Chiefs have picked up a couple of really good players from us, though, in Sean Smith and Anthony Fasano. Smith is a great corner and it is debatable if Keller is even much of an overall upgrade from Fasano.

I'm not really a fan of American Football, but I once owned a 1999 Kurt Warner no 13 Rams Jersey. I gave it to my Nephew, it looks better on him. I played Madden on the PC for a few seasons, I prefer Rugby Manager now though. I do watch the Superbowl every year, I really enjoy it but I don't really support anyone. I'd like to but the coverage here in the UK is quite poor.

Look to the far mountain and see all.