bushido_man96

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, lost to the Raiders. As a Chief's fan, that's just the worst it can get. I mean no offense to Raider's fans; they know as well as I do what it means to lose to the other. The rivalry is so rich and deep, and means much to the old AFL.

One more week. Hopefully, we go out on top, and Orton gets to take his parting shots at Tebow and the Broncos.

• 2 weeks later...

Chiefs pulled out one last win against the Broncos, and at 7-3 no less! In the day of spread offenses and defenses that can't keep up, its kind of nice to see a game like this once in a while.

But the Broncos turn around and beat the Steelers in their wild card playoff game, and now go to face the Patriots. It looked to me like Rothlesberger's foot was still bothering him, and his lack of mobiliy really hurt the team.

And the Giants win convincingly over the Falcons. Could this be Eli's year again?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Well, its been back for several weeks now, and we are nearing the halfway point of the season. How is your team fairing?

I'm a Chiefs fan, so, its been a tough go this year. Hoping for a win tonight against the Chargers.

I had no expectations for the Dolphins this season. Our offseason went awful. Pretty much anyone who we wanted didn't want to come to Miami or we refused to seal the deal. Then, we traded away our most talented player in Brandon Marshall - really one of the few things, maybe the only thing, that has made Dolphins games fun to watch over the last few years. That trade still kills me, no matter what. Marshall would have done a lot for Tannehill as a target. And, of course, he's leading the 6-1 Bears and is fourth in the NFL in reception yards.

But, somehow, we're 4-3. Last year, we were 0-7. Ryan Tannehill is playing really well, given that it is his first year. I was just happy to get a win early in the season, but now we've got a winning streak going.

"Cautious optimism with no expectations" is how I'd describe myself. Heh.

Heh. Yeah, they are having a rough go right now. If they continue like this, you might end up with Matt Barkley. Which doesn't mean much right now. But, maybe the Chiefs will do what the Dolphins did and string together some wins to play their way out of grabbing one of the first two QBs.

Patrick