• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Football season is here!!!

bushido_man96

After dropping a vertible laugher against the Raiders, I hope KC is ready to play their first home playoff game in some time against the Ravens. The Ravens are a bit better than the Raiders, so KC better put something together to get a home playoff win for the first time since 1993.

I see the Chiefs winning against the Ravens...21-17...just as long as they can put their lost against the Raiders behind them and FOCUS. The one and only time that the Ravens came to Arrowhead, the Ravens won 20-10. Then there was last year when the Ravens beat the Chiefs 38-24 even though Flacco threw 3 TD's and Rice ran over 100 yards.

GO CHIEFS!!

Then there's the Jets VS the Colts. Last year the Colts beat the Jets in the playoffs for the Conference 30-17. The Jets only scored in the 2nd quarter; not the 1st or the 3rd or the 4th. However, the Colts scored 13 in the 2nd and then 7 in the 3rd and then 10 in the 4th.

The Jets sent the Colts to their locker room at half-time wondering, yet they came out and kept scoring, where the Jets couldn't. Payton against the wall; that's when he's the most dangerous. I see the Jets winning this one 31-28 just as long as they don't lay down and keep scoring in each and every quarter, with no exceptions. The Jets have to produce on both sides of the ball, and that means that the Jets' secondary must be solid against the long ball as well as the mid-field ball, and oh yeah...pressure Peyton hard or it'll be just one long game for the Jets.

GO JETS!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh boy...oh boy...and I mean oh boy. That was a close one....Jets BEAT Manning and that means that the Jets beat the Colts with a winning field goal from Folk with practically ZERO time left on the clock...17-16.

Jets didn't score in the first half, where the Colts scored 7 points. What I saw was that Sanchez couldn't compete a pass if his life had depended on it. For the day, Sanchez was 18/26 on pass completions; at half time Sanchez was 9/20, and in the playoffs, that's a formula for disaster.

However, the Jets went to their run game, and when they needed the yards, they got them, and in that, the Colts couldn't contain the Jets running game. The Colts were 24th against the run...and it showed.

The thought did occur to me that Manning had sealed the outcome for the Jets when Manning put Vinatieri’s foot on task to hit a 52 yarder. Problem for the Colts was that Manning, again, left too much time on the clock for the Jets...53 seconds. That's a lot of time in the NFL.

On the Jets' next possession, Cromartie returned a 47 yard kick off return. That allowed Sanchez to drive the Jets into scoring position with just 5 plays. That's all Folk needed to reverse the role on the Colts. I mean, Manning could only watch as Cromartie, Sanchez, Edwards and Folk drove down to the promised land; a win over the Colts during a playoff game.

The Jets were solid on both sides of the ball, even though the Jets' passing game in the first half left little to be desired. This was a sweet win for the Jets.

Now the Jets will have to try to do the same thing against the Patriots. That won't be fun. Why? Well, the Jets and the Patriots split during the season, but the Patriots won 45-3 at Foxborough. I'm sure that's in the forefront of Ryan's mind as he prepares his Jets to meet the Patriots one last time this season. Yet, this time, it'll be for a Division win. That won't be easy against Brady and the Patriots. Just like it wasn't going to be easy for the Jets against Manning and the Colts; and it wasn't, but the Jets got the win nonetheless.

GO JETS!!

Both Saturday games were great! Usually there is at least one blowout game on wildcard weekend... PLEASE don't let the blowout be the Ravens.

Nobody seems to be talking about the Chief's pass rush against Baltimore's hurt left tackle.

And the Packers are still hanging around!

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

And the Packers are still hanging around!

And how...the Packers took care of the Eagles...21-16...fun game to watch. Rodgers took care of business...65% 3rd down conversions....that leads to TD's. Now the Packers have to play the Falcons...this is a game I want to watch!!

Both Saturday games were great! Usually there is at least one blowout game on wildcard weekend... PLEASE don't let the blowout be the Ravens.

Nobody seems to be talking about the Chief's pass rush against Baltimore's hurt left tackle.

The Chiefs can't seem to win against the Ravens. The Chiefs didn't run much running with only 108 rushing yards. The Chiefs 3rd down conversations were dismal...12.5%...only 8 first downs...OUCH! To win it helps to get to the end zone or to within range for a field goal.

I had predicted that the Chiefs would win against the Ravens 21-17, BUT, I said if the Chiefs could put their loss against the Raiders behind them and focus, they'd have a chance to win, but the Chiefs struggled on both sides of the ball. 5 turnovers...OUCH!

The Baltimore defense was SOLID across the boards. The Chiefs would try this and then they'd try that, but to no avail because the Ravens meet each down with mastery determination, and all the Chiefs running game did was run against a Raven wall.

The time of possession for the Chiefs was just over 18 minutes, while the Ravens time of possession was just over 41 minutes...another OUCH! This game was similar to when these two meet at Arrowhead before....20-10.

Having said all of that, I'll still say this for the Chiefs. They played their hearts out this year and they were a much better team this year than they were for the past 2 years. I was cheering for the Chiefs to beat the Ravens because I believe in their abilities across the board.

The Chiefs are a young team, and they'll be fine next year!!

Now the poor Ravens have to play the Steelers...this will be either a great game for us fans to watch...or the Steelers will become a victim of an upset. I don't see the Ravens winning this one, but, the Ravens are very hungry and they've a pretty good record on the road.

I must admit that I don't expect the Ravens to beat the Steelers... but it would be nice! :D

You know...I was cheering for the Ravens the entire game. Even though the Ravens went to their locker room dominating the Steelers at will, I didn't count the Steelers out. Two touchdowns in less than 30 seconds made be believe that the Ravens wanted the win more than the Steelers did.

I still believed that way into the 4th quarter, but then Roth threw a 58 yard "please catch it please" toss that set up the winning TD, I groaned deeply.

The Steelers found the end zone in the 4th quarter with plenty of time remaining, but because the Ravens had no timeouts left, they went for 4 straight big plays in the air, but when the Ravens’ last chance to beat the Steelers ended when T.J. dropped Flacco’s fourth-down pass at the Steelers’ 38 with 1:03 remaining, it was over for the Ravens.

Key: Ravens couldn't protect the ball!

Now the Steelers will wait for either the Jets or the Patriots...hopefully the Jets. Either way, don't count the Steelers out until the very end of the game.

Now, the game between the Packers and the Falcons was an upset because, imho, the Falcons were heavily favored. But, Farve who? Rogers was SOLID and he let the Falcons know that he and the Packers are for real.

With the Falcons tail feathers clipped by the Packers, my prediction of a Falcon VS Patriot Super Bowl is mute. Falcons weren't even an issue nor were they an after thought. 4 turnovers, 30% 3rd down conversions, and 194 total yards...yeah...not in today's NFL.

Key: Failure to protect the ball!

This game, Falcons VS Packers, was just as lop-sided as the Lakers VS Caviliers just the other night when the Lakers won 112-57...a romp of 55 points...hello and goodbye all at the same time! 57 points is what a high school junior varsity girls basketball team usually scores, not an NBA team, although it did.

Now, it's time for the me to cheer on the Jets...GO JETS!!