bushido_man96

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm loving life after Sunday!!! Baltimore still has a chance (ok a very small chance) of taking first place in the division.

I'd say your Ravens have a much better chance of taking first place then my Cowboys do.

:P

**Proof is on the floor!!!

I'm loving life after Sunday!!! Baltimore still has a chance (ok a very small chance) of taking first place in the division.

I'd say your Ravens have a much better chance of taking first place then my Cowboys do.

:P

True. Romo going down was a bad break! On the upside Brant looked great this year! You guys jumped right in front of Balti in the draft to get him!

Right now I'm waiting for Pitt - Caro to start. If Carolina can pull off the upset Balti has the ability to win the division and secure a first round bye!

Well...Week #16 for me was sweet and lots of presents, not just because it was Christmas, but because some NFL teams are for REAL!!

Although I'm a die-hard Cowboy fan, and the Cowboys have struggled this year, I've found enjoyment in watching some other teams across the board.

For example...

I've enjoyed the Chiefs because it's good to see them back on the top as division champs. Their win over the Titans was masterful as a team. I can't, we fans can't seem to enjoy it enough when players jump up into where the fans are and celebrate a TD, no, it's not ok, according to the NFL for more than ONE player to do the Lambeau leap after a TD. Why? If it's unsportsmanlike to do this, well, then stop the other team from getting into the end zone. If you can't, then don't look. The NFL is too busy, imho, in taking a fun and exciting thing, like bonding with the fans, into something that it's not...unsportsmanlike, imho. I can't wait for the time when the ENTIRE offense does the Lambeau leap at the same time FOR THE FANS, because the Lambeau leap is FOR THE FANS AND NOT THE NFL.

I've enjoyed the Jets because they've played for real, and it was good to follow them especially for me since they were in ESPN NFL Training Camp with the Jets earlier this year. I loved the raw passion of the coaches and the players. Even though the Jets lost a close one to the Bears, the Jets still clinched a playoff spot---and for me, that's awesome. I followed the Jets more this year than before because the Cowboys weren't doing anything. Oh, I'm a die-hard Cowboy fan but sometimes, I want to watch and cheer a team that's actually winning...like the Chiefs and the Jets. Both the Jets and the Chiefs will have a tough playoff schedule against some tough teams, and in that, if they [Jets/Chiefs] want to advance to the Super Bowl, well, they need to CONTINUE in being awesome, even though only one of them can advance to the Super Bowl.

My Cowboys have had their ups and downs this year. They lost ANOTHER CLOSE game against the Cardinals. And that's how its been for the Cowboys this year...close loses, not many blow-outs, but close ones, and in that, a win is a win and a lose is a lose no matter how I want to rationalize the whole thing. Romo being out hurt the Cowboys' hopes, however, Kitna hasn't been a bad thing, no, imho, he's been a good thing for the Cowboys, even though he gave up 2 interceptions right away that the Cardinals capitalized on. Giving Wade his walking papers also was a good thing for the Cowboys, but, giving up 3 turnovers will hurt any team, and the Cowboys rallied back and almost won the game. Almost isn't a win!

Other teams I enjoyed this year were...the Ravens, the Patriots (they've won 7 games in a row), the Dolphins (who lost to the Lions, which I thought the Dolphins had that game, but...the Lions roared), the Steelers, the Rams (who are on the cuspid of winning their division), the Eagles (even when they beat the Cowboys...aarrgghh), the Bears, the Falcons (they've won 8 games in a row), and some of you here won't like this, but, I've enjoyed the Lions (who've won 3 games in a row, which is rare for the Lions as of the years past) who've played the role of SPOILER to some dynamic teams

I think that the Falcons VS the Patriots will be in this years Super Bowl in Dallas, TX.

For some teams next and final week...it's for all of the marbles and for others, it's going to be their role to just take all of the marbles home for themselves!

GO COWBOYS!!

:)

As an avid sports fan the only thing that I’m really hoping for a competitive season. I want to be able to root for my NFL team, the Ravens, right up to week 17. Playoffs are always BIG bonus but if I get a whole season I’m happy and I consider that a successful year. With that being said I’m happy that the Ravens will be in the post season. The way the divisions are shaping up its looking like Baltimore will play the Chiefs or the Colts. I’m thinking I’d like to play the Colts because they are dealing with more injuries… although getting bumped out of the playoffs (again) by the Colts hurts on several levels. :o

Yardage wise, we now have the third best defense in football. Seventh best against the pass, sixth against the rush. Many of our skill defensive players are young.

Meanwhile, on offense, we're twenty-first. Fifteenth passing and twentieth rushing. But, the yardage is deceiving. What the real stat is, is passer rating. We're twenty-eighth there.

We have some pieces on offense, but not enough and Henne just hasn't shown much. Given where the team is, I hope that they make a serious run at a good veteran QB.

Yardage wise, we now have the third best defense in football. Seventh best against the pass, sixth against the rush. Many of our skill defensive players are young.

Meanwhile, on offense, we're twenty-first. Fifteenth passing and twentieth rushing. But, the yardage is deceiving. What the real stat is, is passer rating. We're twenty-eighth there.

We have some pieces on offense, but not enough and Henne just hasn't shown much. Given where the team is, I hope that they make a serious run at a good veteran QB.

Oh boy, do I know your pain! Baltimore went through washed up QB after QB before they decided to go young and mortgage the future for Kyle Boller... and that turned out less than positive. Joe Flacco has been a breath of fresh air for me.

Yeah, Flacco has put up some good numbers these last two years. Obviously, we were lucky to have Marino. Since then, it's been a challenge. Pennington in 2008 was a very good year (19 TDs and 7 INTs). We got a decent season out of Frerotte. But, that's about it. Oh well.

I'm hopeful. :) I wonder if there is some way we can get Peyton Manning away from Indianapolis. Seems extremely unlikely, but you never know. Michael Vick would be a nice addition, though I am sure he feels great loyalty to the Eagles for giving him a chance.

If neither of those is an option, Kyle Orton and Kevin Kolb would both be worth a look.

So, there are some players out there. Hopefully we land one of them.

Playoffs are upon us again and it appears that we'll have some great games to watch.

By prediction for Super Bowl: Falcons VS Patriots...Patriots WIN!!

However, I'd love to see either the Jets or the Chiefs in the Super Bowl.

:)

After dropping a vertible laugher against the Raiders, I hope KC is ready to play their first home playoff game in some time against the Ravens. The Ravens are a bit better than the Raiders, so KC better put something together to get a home playoff win for the first time since 1993.