• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Football season is here!!!

bushido_man96

The pittsburgh vs baltimore game lived up to what i've come to expect, and i think both teams should scare the rest of the nfl, accept maybe the patriots who just drive me up the wall.

Has there ever been 2 teams that were that well matched for so long a time frame?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not all that big into football, but sometimes I have to pretend out here because everyone else is huge into it, but I was pretty happy that the Pats smashed the Jets yesterday. :-)

The pittsburgh vs baltimore game lived up to what i've come to expect, and i think both teams should scare the rest of the nfl, accept maybe the patriots who just drive me up the wall.

Has there ever been 2 teams that were that well matched for so long a time frame?

Maybe the Steelers and Raiders of the late 70s early 80s.

If the Rose Bowl were this Saturday, I would say it will be an even keeled game. The problem is that it's all the way in January. I think TCU will beat the Badgers even though they're my team.

TCU is very good, and the Badgers have been riding out their hot streak. A full month is plenty of time for that to cool off. If they can pick up where they left off, the Badgers will be tough to beat.

Many a college football hot streak has been cooled by December though. My guess is too many beers, not enough practice.

I'm not a fan of the long break, either. I'm not sure if they could do it much differently, with all the bowls they play now. But, they want those big bowls in prime time, so they wait for opportune time to air them. I can't fault the networks there.

While it is still possible for them to make it (even if we win out, I still think it's unlikely), we really don't deserve to make the playoffs now. Not that Cleveland is a pushover or anything - they seem to be going in the right direction - but that is a game that you have to win if you are going to sneak into the playoffs. And we didn't.

We'll see how Henne finishes out the year before making any judgments, but right now it's feeling like we still need to address the quarterback position.

Patrick

Ravens - Steelers are great.... even more when Baltimore wins ! :D I got into the city around 3 pm, tailgated then froze my butt off at the game. I can still close my eyes and see Flacco throw that ball to the FEET of the TE to end the game. Ouch :bawling:

I picked the Chiefs and didn't realize that. But, a Chiefs win would help whatever minuscule playoff hopes we have.

I picked the Chiefs and didn't realize that. But, a Chiefs win would help whatever minuscule playoff hopes we have.

Ok, I'm still SHOCKED that the Cowboys beat the Colts. WOWWY!! I didn't jump up and down with glee because that was only one game! Still, congrats to the Cowboys against the Colts.

Brian's Chiefs against the hosting Chargers...this will be a game or not. The Chargers have won 4 straight AFC west titles, and they'll not be able to extend that any further if they don't defend their week #1 loss to the Chiefs. This is a possible barn burner; one I want to watch. How well will the 0-9 Brodie Croyle do, since he's not played this year...I see this to be a Chief running game.

Then theirs the hosting Jets against Patricks Dolphins. The Jets are still wondering what happened against the Patriots when they bashed them 45-3...ouch! Can they bounce back against the Dolphins? Don't forget that Rex buried a game ball at their training facility...that's a message. Henne has thrown 12 touchdowns and 15 interceptions with a 77.5 passer rating, calling into question whether he’s capable of leading Miami in the future. I'll be watching this game as well. Good luck to both teams!

The Cowboys will be hosting the Eagles. While the Eagles are carrying a better record than the Cowboys, the Cowboys are coming off a great win against the Colts, and hopefully this momentum will carry against it's rival, the Eagles. The Cowboys have won 3 out of 4 with their new interim coach Jason Garrett, however, the Cowboys have to face a different Eagle team in the surge of their quarterback Vick, and Vick has been pretty darn good across the board. Will I watch this game? No, because I don't want to jinks the Cowboys.

GO COWBOYS!!

Good luck to your favorite team!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Ravens - Steelers are great.... even more when Baltimore wins ! :D I got into the city around 3 pm, tailgated then froze my butt off at the game. I can still close my eyes and see Flacco throw that ball to the FEET of the TE to end the game. Ouch :bawling:

I see the Ravens having no problems against the Texans!! Your Ravens will be ok when it's all said and done in their division...I've no doubt!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!