• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Football season is here!!!

bushido_man96

Chiefs win, and start 2-0 for the first time since 2005. Cassel started to look better in the 2nd half, too. If the offense doesn't come around, then it will be a long season. The defense held awesomely again, but this game was won without an offensive touchdown. That concerns me.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2-0 Dolphins, 2-0 Chiefs... who knew. :D Congrats. For us, it is the first time since 2002. :lol:

Pretty much the same deal with us. The defense against the Vikings was insanely great. Yeah, they allowed 364 total yards and 156 rushing yards, but that doesn't even tell the story.

The defense scored one touchdown and on the one touchdown they allowed, Ricky Williams fumbled at like the 1 yard line to give the Vikings the ball a yard or two away from the end zone. That's when the momentum shifted to the Vikings and while the defense bended, they never broke.

Outside of that TD, they held them to: turnover on downs, punt, interception, fumble, interception, field goal, fumble, turnover on downs and turnover on downs. 4 and 1 in the 4th quarter, up from 4 points, they stuffed Adrian Peterson. And on the field goal drive, the Vikings went for it on 4th and (3) inches and the Dolphins stopped them (from the replay), but the Vikings got a real good spot and got the 1st down. That was the only time they converted on fourth down and were 0 for 3 beyond that.

But, then on the other side, nothing really happening. If not for the fumbles, I would say we had a good rushing day (120 yards, 4.1 average). But, the two fumbles were killer, killer and almost cost us the game. And Henne is either getting real conservative play calling or is just not taking many shots. The one time he did take a shot, he completed a 51 yard pass to Marshall, who has looked great. Hopefully, with a little more experience, he'll get to make some more throws. He was only 9-for 15 and, again, really conservative except for that one.

Cautiously and quietly optimistic...

Patrick

This week is getting interesting. I guess Vernon Davis has promised a win against the Chiefs this week. I hope he is proved wrong.

I probably have to give that to Tampa Bay.

At any rate, the Dolphins lost last night. It was a close one. The offense looked better. We ran the ball OK, Henne looked generally good. We just couldn't punch it in at the end.

The Chiefs won handily over the 49ers to advance to 3-0. Congrats Brian. :)

I was confusingly surprised that the Cowboy FINALLY won. Even though the win was over the Texans, a win is a win!

What's up with the Chief's? 3-0 :o Congrats to the Chief's and to Brian!! Whatever thier doing...keep doing it!!

Surprising loses and wins these past 3 weeks!

Packers VS Bears...Monday Night Football...I'm going to pick Bears...Score 27-20

GO COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Hooray to the Chiefs! That was the most complete game I have seen in quite some time by KC. The defense hasn't let up since week one, and the offense finally kicked it in gear. They used McCluster more, which is great; that guy is explosive. And the two-headed attack of Charles and Jones is working out well. I would still like to see improvements on the offensive line, but they've got some time yet.

Packers VS Bears...Monday Night Football...I'm going to pick Bears...Score 27-20

20-17 for a Bear win...penalties killed the Packers!

GO COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!