• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Football season is here!!!

bushido_man96

Well, it is back! Did everyone enjoy week 1? I would have to say that I did not. However, I figured as much. This year, I look for the Chiefs to finish 3rd in the AFC West, and maybe win 5 or 6 games.

However, we will always have the fantasy leagues to fall back on! Right, Patrick! :D

Sorry, I just realized this thread was here.

Yeah, I really enjoyed week one with the Chiefs. :brow:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice...I see you are from Houston. Were you an Oilers fan as well?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once upon a time...when they blew the largest lead in history.

We hated to see the Oilers go, but didn't mind seeing Bud Adams (owner) leave one bit.

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

Once upon a time...when they blew the largest lead in history.

I remember that game...Bills backup QB won it...what was his name...??? Frank Reich. That was it. Was that the AFC Divisional Playoff? Because I think the next game was when the Bills beat the Chiefs in Buffalo. Or am I thinking of another year?

Well, Patrick, I see the Phins lost a weapon in the Chris Chambers trade. That kind of sucks for the Dolphins. Who do they have left for WR? Ginn, but he is still young...

On another note, the Chiefs traded RB Michael Bennett to Tampa Bay for an undisclosed draft pick. On a related note, Priest Holmes may practice this week, and there is a possibility that he could be activated for this Sunday's game vs. Oakland: http://www.chiefswarpath.com/cgi-bin/news/viewnews.cgi?category=1&id=1192496780

Wildcard game, and yes it was Reich. It was actually played on one of the ESPN channels Tuesday night. I watched up until the interception at the beginning of the second half, then turned to an NFL network replay of the Bears/ Vikings game.

Apparently Reich did a similar comback in his senior year of college (darn him). Of course, playing prevent defense for the entire second half didn't help either.

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Actually, I remember that game. We were traveling down to Florida. I was pulling for the Oilers. The next week, I went to the only Dolphins game I've ever been to, the 31-0 Divisional Playoff win over the Chargers. Then we lost to the Bills the next week.

At this point, it doesn't matter all that much. May as well get Ginn and Hagan some time.

Apparently Reich did a similar comback in his senior year of college (darn him). Of course, playing prevent defense for the entire second half didn't help either.

Yeah, I don't care for that prevent defense at all. It prevents you from winning.

Ok, folks, football is here. This is my favorite sport by far, and I also play in a fantasy league. I am a HUGE Kansas City Chiefs fan. A die-hard fan. Through thick and thin (and boy, has it been thin lately!).

I thought I would start this thread and try to keep it going throughout the season. I'll throw in my weakly shpeal on the Chiefs game, and maybe something about the fantasy side of it as well. If anyone wants to talk/brag/cry about their teams' performance as well, feel free!

Ok, week 1, Kansas City. Kind of what I expected. NO offensive line....kind of expected this with the retirement of all pro left tackle Willie Roaf, and the departure of all pro full back Tony Richardson.

I was pleased with the defense, and should have started defensive end Jared Allen on my fantasy team. Holding the Bengals offense to 23 points is a feat.

And now, the dagger in my heart....the injury to quarterback Trent Green. Reports said that at the hospital he was alert and had control of all of his extremities, but could not remember what happened to injure him. Hopefully he will be ok, and be back in the lineup in a few weeks. He has not missed a start in 5 years with the Chiefs.

As for fantasy league, well touchdowns are everything in my league, and I didn't score enough to get anywhere. Oh, well, there's always next week!

You're gonna hate me after this but...

GO BRONCOS!!

Hey, atleast we say we've both had dissapointments with our teams.

Do not demand what you can not take by force.

You haven't known true disappointment until you've lived in Houston. :bawling: :lol: :lol:

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

You're gonna hate me after this but...

GO BRONCOS!!

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x :x

:P Just messin' with ya! One of my best friends is a Broncos fan as well, and we are usually capable of having very constructive conversations with each other about the games.

Yeah, this year has been a bit of a dissappointment, but I have to admit that the Chiefs are doing better than I expected. However, at this point, I think Denver will win the division, despite the Travis Henry debacle (and I have him in a fantasy league this year!). The Chief/Bronco games should be good this year. I hope the Chiefs O gets up for them.