• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Football season is here!!!

bushido_man96

I agree, Baron.

I think you make a good point, Patrick. But when it comes time to make cuts, how many QBs do you want to carry? Some will have to be allocated to NFL Europa, and some to the practice squad.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When it times come to make cuts, we'll cut down to 3, I imagine. However, we shouldn't cut anyone until we actually have to.

Yeah, I agree with you there. I really do think they are giving up on Culpepper to soon. With that kind of arm, he can make things happen. He just needs an athletic, Moss-like receiver who can go up and get his over-throws.

Yeah, I agree with you there. I really do think they are giving up on Culpepper to soon.

I agree, Bushido Man. And I agree with what Patrick said. Perhaps he doesn't display the team leadership that teams want now. After all the issues in Minnesota, is he not leading the team the way the Dolphins had hoped? I can't imagine why he would be quite so marginalized there beyond his injury. He doesn't seem to have a much support from team management or the fans. I don't read the Miami press, so I could be wrong. That's just my sense of it.

I would think they'd at least let him compete fairly for the job.

On a side note, despite the title of this thread: before you know it, football season WILL be here! Thank God for that.

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.

• 3 months later...

Well, it is back! Did everyone enjoy week 1? I would have to say that I did not. However, I figured as much. This year, I look for the Chiefs to finish 3rd in the AFC West, and maybe win 5 or 6 games.

However, we will always have the fantasy leagues to fall back on! Right, Patrick! :D

Ah, yes, another 0-2 start. Things don't look great so far. I am not sure LJ has rushed for 100 yards combined in the last two games. The O-line needs lots of work, and the turnovers killed us.

At least next week is at home in Arrowhead...

Brodie Croyle did make an appearance, and was ok. He can throw the ball, that is for sure. We'll see if he has to play next week or not.

Yeah, here in Atlanta we're 0-2 as well. Vick and his dumb decision to put dog fighting ahead of his career has left the Falcons with a not so confident QB in Joey Harrington leaving it very difficult for them to score. One touchdown in two games (Sad). I here that Leftwich has worked out for them. We'll see what happens there. They also cut their kicker who was 1 for 4 and brought back 47 yr. Morten Anderson again. That's OK, At least Morten doesn't miss from 45 yards or closer. Maybe they'll get it going soon. :(

"If your hand goes forth withhold your temper"

"If your temper goes forth withold your hand"

-Gichin Funakoshi

I here that Leftwich has worked out for them. We'll see what happens there.

Good news for you...the Falcons signed Leftwich to a 2 year deal today. Maybe he can help them out...or at least compete with Harrington.