• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Football season is here!!!

bushido_man96

Beware the Seahawks...

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you know,I think the Packers are going to be pretty decent this upcoming season,I'm just waiting on the draft now.I miss Football allready.I buy Football cards to help me maintain during this time of loss.

ISAIAH 53:5

Well, the game did not turn out like I thought. I have noticed a pattern throughout the season....I am always wrong!!! Seriously, don't ever listen to me when it comes to sports predictions!!! :lol:

The Super Bowl did have lots of turnovers, but it also had lots of rain. I thought it was fun to see a Super Bowl played in the elements like that.

Geez, now what to do? My nice thread here is going to go to sleep for several months now, I think.

Oh, well, at least NASCAR is going to be starting up soon!!! :D

I will be keeping an eye on the Chiefs during this off-season, and will put in updates.

I did see that they agreed to terms with a Tackle named Ramiro Pruneda, who played 5 years with Monterrey Tech, in Mexico. He had a stand-out carreer there, and is 6', 6", and weighs 237.

I have also seen that there is a publication out called Warpaint, a KC Chiefs magazine. I do believe I shall be subscribing. :)

Bushido, how do you feel about Derrick Thomas being left out of the Hall of Fame? The knock on him is that he was one-dimensional. I think he displayed the intensity of Lawrence Taylor.

VR, Baron

Bushido, how do you feel about Derrick Thomas being left out of the Hall of Fame? The knock on him is that he was one-dimensional. I think he displayed the intensity of Lawrence Taylor.

I think he will get in, eventually, so it isn't too big a deal. People are always so much higher on offensive players, I think. Irvin got in, who won 3 Super Bowls, and Thurman Thomas got in, who one 4 consecutive AFC titles. They are great players, too.

When his eligibility is closer to being up, I think he will get in. People don't realize what he did for that team defensively. During the years he was there, no one had more sacks in that span than he did. He changed the way the position was played.

Yeah buddy, he did. We'll see if guys like Junior Seau make it, or will it be strictly the Brian Urlachers of the world.

I hope Art Monk gets in too, but I'm not sure that will happen after this year.

you know,I think the Packers are going to be pretty decent this upcoming season,I'm just waiting on the draft now.I miss Football allready.I buy Football cards to help me maintain during this time of loss.

Packers, I like other people saying that because it helps me to believe. :)

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

Yeah buddy, he did. We'll see if guys like Junior Seau make it, or will it be strictly the Brian Urlachers of the world.

I hope Art Monk gets in too, but I'm not sure that will happen after this year.

I think Seau will get in on the first ballot, mainly because he was able to have a longer career. Art Monk should have gotten in, IMO. I think that Michael Irvin is fresher in peoples minds than Monk, and that may have helped him to get in first. I could be wrong, though. He still has a chance, doesn't he?

I think Urlacher will be in eventually, and he deserves to be there. He has been an impact on that team since he arrived in the league, and is the heart of that defense.

Another future pull for HOF honors at the linebacker position is Donnie Edwards. The Chiefs should have never let him get away. He is fast, athletic, can cover the tight ends, and catch the backs. He should be a HOFer as well, I think.

Art Monk should have gotten in, IMO. I think that Michael Irvin is fresher in peoples minds than Monk, and that may have helped him to get in first. I could be wrong, though. He still has a chance, doesn't he?

He does have a chance. Peter King of SI said that he feels this was Monk's year to get in. King finally was swayed to vote for him, but not enough voters did. He said now there are receivers behind him (Chris Carter) with better stats. Monk may get left behind.

Another future pull for HOF honors at the linebacker position is Donnie Edwards. The Chiefs should have never let him get away. He is fast, athletic, can cover the tight ends, and catch the backs. He should be a HOFer as well, I think.

I believe Donnie Edwards, like players from many AFC West teams, was let go because he got too expensive and the team suffered. All teams do this, but the AFC West was (is?) notorious for letting good guys go to the detriment of their team, and then surprise! watching them excel other places. Rodney Harrison is a great example: great on the Chargers, great on the Patriots. Donnie Edwards may suffer from "Kansas City disease" because the team - no offense to the fans - didn't seem to want to take care of its players.