• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Football season is here!!!

bushido_man96

I think that the play calling is a little too conservative sometimes. Edwards is a conservative guy, but I am going to miss that wide open offense from the last 5 years.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Chiefs play at Oakland this Saturday night, against the arch-rival Raiders. At 7-7, the Chiefs need to win their last 2 games not only to finish over .500, but also to have any chance at making the playoffs.

In other news, running back Larry Johnson came out, saying that the offense "needs fixed," and that he is tired of the "we'll get 'em next week" speach.

Although I don't usually condone the action of going to the press about team problems, I do think that Johnson does have a right to be upset, and it shows that he wants to win....now. He is an outspoken individual, and I am not surprised that this has happened. As I set there, listening to him go on, I had to agree with him. Personally, at this point, I feel that the area that needs the most attention is at offensive line. It is obvious that the absence of Willie Roaf, who could block the sun if he wanted to, has been felt. Even with the retirement of Roaf, and the departure of Pro Bowl (and future hall-of-famer) fullback Tony Richardson, Larry Johnson has been able to put up impressive numbers. He is still in the top 5 in the league in rushing yards at this time. However, most of his yardage has come by running between the tackles, following Pro Bowl guards Will Shields and Brian Waters.

The player that has suffered the most from the departure of Willie Roaf has been Trent Green, who barley had time to blink last week, let alone set up to throw the ball.

On the bright side of Kansas City news, tight end Tony Gonzalez, running back Larry Johnson, and guards Will Shields and Brian Waters were all selected for the Pro Bowl.

Well, the Chiefs come away with a win, 20-9. Larry Johnson rushed for 135 yards on 31 carries, and 1 touchdown. On defense, Jared Allen had a solid game, with 2 fumble recoveries, a sack, and a forced fumble, and 2 tackles.

The last week of the season will be fun to watch, as Larry Johnson, LaDanian Tomlinson, and Frank Gore will all be competing for the NFL rushing title. Hopefully, the Chiefs still have a glimmer of a playoff hope.

I got this info off of the website listed in my signature:

Kansas City clinches a playoff berth:

1. Kansas City win vs. (8-7) Jacksonville

2. Cincinnati loss/tie vs. (7-8 ) Pittsburgh

3. Denver loss vs. (6-9) San Francisco

4. Tennessee loss/tie vs. (11-4) New England

If all that happened the Chiefs would be one of the two wild-card teams because only Kansas City, Denver and the New York Jets would have a record of at least 9-7. The Chiefs would win a tie breaker against the Broncos because of a better record in AFC West games (the Chiefs are 4-2, the Broncos are 3-3).

So, I guess I have 4 games to watch this weekend. The Chiefs play at home at noon, so that will give them a little bit of an edge.

Some good news that I read is that Trent Green will be back as the starting QB next season, although he will be 37 years old. The Chiefs have had a history of hanging on to players for a little too long from time to time, but I really think that Green still has some game left in him. Hopefully, next year the offensive line will be improved, therefore protecting Green better, and allowing for even more production from Larry Johnson.

Alright!!!!!!!!!!!!

For once, the stars align, the universe is in order, and everything falls into place! With the Denver loss in OT to the San Francisco 49ers, the Chiefs get into the playoffs!!!

The Chiefs will play at Indianapolis on Saturday afternoon, 3:30. The Chiefs have a great running game, and the Colts are not very strong when it comes to stopping the run, so they do have a chance.

I am so excited; I haven't watched a meaningful game in January in over 3 years, I think!

A side note to winning the game, Larry Johnson set a new NFL record for most rushing attempts in a season, and also seat a new Chiefs record for rushing yards in a season, beating his own mark from last season.

Just imagine if Willie Roaf, who could block the sun if he wanted to, wouldn't have retired.....2000 yards??? Maybe??

Way to go, Bushido! I am a hardcore Seahawks fan and season ticket holder. I grew up in San Diego during the Fouts era, so AFC West is my old haunt. Now that the Hawks are in the NFC West, maybe we'll see the Chiefs in the show. I think it will be San Diego versus Philly, though.

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.

:( I dont know what to say.The CHiefs have our spot.Graham missed a 39 yard field goal that would have put us in the playoffs since SF beat Denver.8 seconds left in regulation,and the Chad Johnson appointed "money Graham"

misses a 39 yarder,what a freaking bummer.Theres always next season WHO-DEY

ISAIAH 53:5