• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Football season is here!!!

bushido_man96

On 9/19/2024 at 10:30 PM, bushido_man96 said:

I wasn't sure what to make of the Pat's after that first win.  It looked bad tonight.  Does Drake Maye start going forward?

The Patriots head coach announced this morning that Maye will be starting on Sunday against the Texans. 

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)

Yeah, I just saw this myself.  Should be interesting.  At least they'll get to figure out what they have in Maye.

I saw Jets HC Saleh got fired.  We'll see how that affects the Jets going forward.  Big matchup with the Bills this weekend.

KC had a mixed bag this weekend.  Great performance by Mahomes, and I liked seeing the passing yardage go up.  Kelce got involved early again, which is great, and it was awesome to see Juju get the targets he got.  I hope this is a sign of things to come; Juju was money a few years ago when he went to the Super Bowl with KC.

Kareem Hunt has filled in wonderfully for Pacheco, and when Pacheco gets back, we'll have a seriously tough backfield to deal with.

The big issue this week was the lack of TDs scored in the red zone.  Granted, one was a deflected interception and the other was a TD called back on a holding call by Taylor.  That would have been 2 more red zone TDs, which would have put the game well out of reach.  They've got to capitalize on red zone possessions.

Edited by bushido_man96

8 hours ago, bushido_man96 said:

Yeah, I just saw this myself.  Should be interesting.  At least they'll get to figure out what they have in Maye.

I saw Jets HC Saleh got fired.  We'll see how that affects the Jets going forward.  Big matchup with the Bills this weekend.

KC had a mixed bag this weekend.  Great performance by Mahomes, and I liked seeing the passing yardage go up.  Kelce got involved early again, which is great, and it was awesome to see Juju get the targets he got.  I hope this is a sign of things to come; Juju was money a few years ago when he went to the Super Bowl with KC.

Kareem Hunt has filled in wonderfully for Pacheco, and when Pacheco gets back, we'll have a seriously tough backfield to deal with.

The big issue this week was the lack of TDs scored in the red zone.  Granted, one was a deflected interception and the other was a TD called back on a holding call by Taylor.  That would have been 2 more red zone TDs, which would have put the game well out of reach.  They've got to capitalize on red zone possessions.

Sheesh! The firings start earlier every year it feels like.  One head coach down already in 24.  I realize New Yorkers have a reputation of being impatient but wow. 

I was surprised to that firing.  They have had a bit of slow start, but nothing they can't come back from.  Now, with the firing, you have to wonder if it will motivate the team, or destroy the attitude in the locker room.

I read an article today that said the Chiefs could be in the running for WR Tee Higgins.  That'd be nice, but they'd have to do about as much money-juggling for him as they would to get Davante Adams, who is probably the better player.  I've heard Adams is interested in playing with QBs he played with in the past; hence New Orleans and the NY Jets being options.  But could he pass up a chance to play with Mahomes?

I guess well shall see what happens.

Lions dominate the Cowboys in a 47-9 horror movie style massacre.  They do it in Dallas while Jerry Jones was celebrating his birthday.  This is the most lopsided home loss for the Cowboys during the time Jerry Jones has owned the team.  If that wasn't bad enough, they are now on the bye and will have to sit on this one for two weeks. 

It wasn't perfect the Detroit either, though, as Aiden Hutchinson broke his leg during the game.  Hutch has been the Lions best defensive player and entered Sunday leading the NFL in sacks. As Bill Parcells once said - if you win or lose on Sunday, something is bad on Monday. 

Feels good to see the Lions to get this win after so many tough losses down in Arlington over the years, including the controversial ending to the game last season.  It has been a long time since I was so excited about a regular season victory!  LET'S GO LIONS! 

9 hours ago, KarateKen said:

Lions dominate the Cowboys in a 47-9 horror movie style massacre.  They do it in Dallas while Jerry Jones was celebrating his birthday.  This is the most lopsided home loss for the Cowboys during the time Jerry Jones has owned the team.  If that wasn't bad enough, they are now on the bye and will have to sit on this one for two weeks. 

It wasn't perfect the Detroit either, though, as Aiden Hutchinson broke his leg during the game.  Hutch has been the Lions best defensive player and entered Sunday leading the NFL in sacks. As Bill Parcells once said - if you win or lose on Sunday, something is bad on Monday. 

Feels good to see the Lions to get this win after so many tough losses down in Arlington over the years, including the controversial ending to the game last season.  It has been a long time since I was so excited about a regular season victory!  LET'S GO LIONS! 

Yeah...OUCH!! The Lions deserved that win over the Cowboys in every way!! When is Jerry going to kick Dak and others to the curb?? Cowboys fly to west coast to the hosting 49ers, which might not be a win for the Cowboys. The 49ers are 4-0 while the Cowboys, who are on a bye licking their many wounds, are favored to win when these two meet on October 27th for SNF. I've read that after all the dust settles down, the final score will be 49er 23 and Cowboys 20...who cares...a win is a win, and a loss is a loss!!

GO COWBOYS!! 

:dead:

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Personally, I think the problem with the Cowboys is Jerry Jones.  He can't be too pleased with how the season has gone so far when you look at all the money he has invested into that roster.  Over 120 million this year between Prescott and Lamb alone, maybe this was a wakeup call that will light a fire under them the rest of the season.  

You obviously need good players to win, and above all a good quarterback, but when you put so much money into just a few guys you spread yourself too thin elsewhere. It is one of the reasons the NFL is so tough, you have to pay your top guys to keep them but then you don't have salary cap space to go out and get the other players you need. 

In other NFL news it looks like Tom Brady will officially be buying part of the Raiders and become a minority owner.  That saga has gone on for a year and a half and could finally be ending this week. 

Raiders have traded WR Adams to the Jets for a third-round pick (could turn into a second) and despite his injury the Jets hope he can start this week against the Steelers.  The Jets are a disappointment so far this season with a 2-4 start. 

Jets owner Woody Johnson blamed the kicker after Monday's loss to Buffalo.  Right, Woody, it is not your fault at all.  Just like in Dallas, the problem with the Jets is ownership.  The Jets have not been to the playoffs since 2010 and have not had a winning season since 2015.  During that time, they have had different coaches, players, and GMs, but the same ownership.  Go ahead and blame the kicker though, for your continued failed franchise that underachieves every season. Idiot. 

Amari Cooper was traded to the Bills this week as well.  Rumor has it that Mike Williams could be on the way out, and that is a receiver KC could afford to pick up.

I also wonder how safe McCarthy's job is after that debacle against the Lions.  That game should have at least been competitive.

Edited by bushido_man96