• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Football season is here!!!

bushido_man96

Pleased so far with the start to the season: Allen is on a tear and looks like the early season MVP favourite: unfortunately we could go undefeated and it will still likely come down to matchup with the Chiefs in the playoffs!

The running game looks a LOT better this season which is good and should help Allen a tonne. Plus if he can keep spreading the ball about to all those targets it could make the offense much harder to stop.

Previous seasons we have been more of a Peyton Manning approach to offense (couple of high priced stars) which hasn't worked. This season we seem to be more of a Brady approach of a lot of cheaper but good players. Wonder if that will get the team over the hump. Allen is too good to not have 1 ring!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cowboys barely took care of business with the Giants while visiting MetLife Stadium by the score of 20-15, which gives the Cowboys a record this season so far at 2-2 and 3rd place in the NFC East. It was a close game, with both teams showing strong defensive efforts on both sides of the ball. 

Dak threw over 200 yards with 2 TDs, while Jones threw for nearly 300 yards but unfortunately, he couldn't find the endzone. Giants tried there darnest with 5 field goals.

Speaking of field goals, Cowboys place kicker Aubrey was zeroed and dialed in, as usual. In the 3rd quarter, he drilled a 60-yard field goal to put the Cowboys ahead by 5 points. Aubrey's streak came to an end of 16 straight field goals over 50 plus yards when he went wide right with a 51 yarder. Last week against the Ravens, Aubrey smashed a 65-yarder between the uprights.

Cowboys visit Acrisure Stadium to take on the hosting Steelers which is sure to be a bran burner...or not!!

GO COWBOYS!!

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Jared Goff had the NFL version of a no hitter on Monday night.  He was 18 for 18 with two TD passes, and also caught a TD pass on a trick play.  The Lions scored three touchdowns in the passing game, 42 total points, without a single incomplete pass the entire game.  I have never seen that before.  Even with that he did not receive the game ball. Makes no sense. 

Edited by KarateKen

Yeah, crazy.  Campbell had a brain fart.

The Chiefs win another way-to-close game against division rival Chargers.  Kelce had a much better showing (but he always plays well against the Chargers).  Unfortunately, we may have lost Rashee Rice for some time to injury.  I still haven't seen a confirmation of what the injury is, but the fear is that it's an ACL tear, which would end his season.  I'm hoping its not that severe.

Davonte Adams wants to be traded.  Chiefs need another WR.  Chiefs need to go get Adams!

Vikings and Chiefs are the only undefeated teams in the NFL after the Seahawks lost to the aforementioned Lions on MNF. It drove my friend, Dwight, crazy when his Seahawks lost...I just laughed at his misfortune. 

Cowboys edged past the hosting Giants on TNF 20-15. Had it been Eli Manning, the end would've been way different, imho. Cowboys travel to the hosting Steelers this Sunday/ in what I assume the 2-2 Cowboys will struggle to get back-to-back "Ws" against the 3-1 Steelers.

GO COWBOYS!!

:)

On 10/1/2024 at 8:01 PM, bushido_man96 said:

Yeah, crazy.  Campbell had a brain fart.

The Chiefs win another way-to-close game against division rival Chargers.  Kelce had a much better showing (but he always plays well against the Chargers).  Unfortunately, we may have lost Rashee Rice for some time to injury.  I still haven't seen a confirmation of what the injury is, but the fear is that it's an ACL tear, which would end his season.  I'm hoping its not that severe.

Davonte Adams wants to be traded.  Chiefs need another WR.  Chiefs need to go get Adams!

A trade for Adams would make KC a heavy SB favorite, but I don't see any chance the Raiders would be foolish enough to trade Adams inside the division, especially to KC. Though I guess if anyone is crazy enough to do it the Raiders would probably be that team.  Looks like the Saints and Jets are frontrunners.  You might be in luck though, rumors about a possible trade between KC and Miami involving Tyreek Hill. 

On 10/1/2024 at 11:54 PM, KarateKen said:

Jared Goff had the NFL version of a no hitter on Monday night.  He was 18 for 18 with two TD passes, and also caught a TD pass on a trick play.  The Lions scored three touchdowns in the passing game, 42 total points, without a single incomplete pass the entire game.  I have never seen that before.  Even with that he did not receive the game ball. Makes no sense. 

The head coach apologised after the game. He said he had already given away the two game balls and hadn't realised that Goff had broken the prior mark (think it was 10 by Kurt Warner) and set an all time record - said he felt pretty lousy as he would have definitely got the ball!

On 10/3/2024 at 12:32 AM, KarateKen said:

A trade for Adams would make KC a heavy SB favorite, but I don't see any chance the Raiders would be foolish enough to trade Adams inside the division, especially to KC. Though I guess if anyone is crazy enough to do it the Raiders would probably be that team.  Looks like the Saints and Jets are frontrunners.  You might be in luck though, rumors about a possible trade between KC and Miami involving Tyreek Hill. 

Tyreek back to KC, that would be crazy.  But with Kareem Hunt back, it'd be like getting the band back together.

I think if KC can offer good enough compensation, a "division rival tax" so-to-speak, I think they could convince Vegas to make the trade.  I'd say a 2nd round and a 3rd round pick (maybe in 2026) should do the trick.  I think the trade for Adams would put them back where they expected to be when the season started, and they assumed they'd have Hollywood Brown in the lineup.

Vikings win again to improve to 5-0.  Lions were off this week; they play in Dallas on Sunday. 49ers off to a slow start at 2-3 after taking another L this afternoon.

Jacksonville got in the win collum by overcoming the Colts. Ravens win and appear to have turned it around.  Patriots had that big week one victory and have lost every game since. 

Right now, it is the 3rd quarter of SNF, and the Steelers lead the Cowboys 10-6.

Saints and Chiefs play Monday night in the Show Me State. (I learned what the Show Me State was in high school economics, one of the few things I remember from that class.)  

Edited by KarateKen

Took the Cowboys their last play of their last drive with the Cowboy facing a goal and 4th down situation with 26 seconds remaining to play from the Steelers 4th-yard line as Prescott found Tolbert in the endzone for the go-ahead score. After the extra point by Aubrey, the score changed again with the Cowboys 20 and the Steelers 17, which places both teams to 3-2 in the standings, after the nail-biting back and forth SNF for the Cowboys much needed 'W'. 

Next week, the Cowboys host the 3-1 Lions. That should prove to be a great game because the Lions will be coming off a win against the Seahawks.

My wife's Raiders suffered another loss to the hosting Broncos by the score of 34-18, which provided the Broncos a 3-2 in the AFC Standings. The poor unfortunate Raiders now sit in the AFC Standings at 2-3.

GO COWBOYS!!