• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Football season is here!!!

bushido_man96

On 9/11/2024 at 3:56 AM, bushido_man96 said:

KC's offense looks better equipped than last year.  Xavier Worthy appears to be worth the draft pick, and will hopefully help take the top off of defenses, which was sorely missing last year.  Still, have to finish some more drives so games don't stay so close.  That was a nerve-racking finish.

Yeah, though the best bit of business they did was keeping Chris Jones i thought. He was the difference maker in the tighter playoff games.

But worthy does give them the sheer speed threat they lost when Hill left.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, bushido_man96 said:

Tua took another hard shot tonight, left with another concussion.  Hopefully he'll be ok.  They are really stacking up on him.  That was a rough game for him.

Yeah unfortunately for him, when he has now (last year or two) looked like a genuine good NFL QB. I can't see him staying in the league much longer tbh, if he is prone to getting them then he might need to / be made to stop for his health.

5 hours ago, DarthPenguin said:

Yeah unfortunately for him, when he has now (last year or two) looked like a genuine good NFL QB. I can't see him staying in the league much longer tbh, if he is prone to getting them then he might need to / be made to stop for his health.

Maybe he should start wear a guardian cap during games.

**Proof is on the floor!!!

I think the decision should be up to him.  He should be made known of the possible consequences, but in the end, it should be his decision.  The money he could make over the next 10 years is life-changing for him and his family.

Yeah, though the best bit of business they did was keeping Chris Jones i thought. He was the difference maker in the tighter playoff games.

But worthy does give them the sheer speed threat they lost when Hill left.

Keeping Jones was the way to go, but Sneed was so good in the secondary, and in a passing league, that's a tough loss.  But I think getting an impactful interior linemen is the taller order, so I'd agree with you.

Worthy can flat out fly.  I just worry about his size.

13 hours ago, bushido_man96 said:

Tua took another hard shot tonight, left with another concussion.  Hopefully he'll be ok.  They are really stacking up on him.  That was a rough game for him.

Right after he signed a four year contract this offseason that pays him over 200 million dollars.  Honestly, I hope he decides to retire.  It is not worth it to wreck your future.  If he were to retire, he would get at least 90 million of those dollars.  Take the money and protect your heath before your brain is mush.  This is not a prediction, just what I would like to see.  

Related to his performance - he had a terrible interception that was returned for a TD, and the Dolphins lost the game by 21 points.  

12 hours ago, KarateKen said:

Lions lost, then at a postgame tailgate party a fight broke out that lead to a shooting and someone getting killed. Sheesh. 

That's nuts!  Hadn't heard that!

Chiefs pulled out another great win against another good AFC team.  Unfortunately, they lost Pecheco for 6-8 weeks in the process to a fractured fibula I believe it was.  That'll hurt.  Hopefully Perine and Steele can platoon and cover the load.  Steele looks promising; just have to protect the football.

Worthy wasn't as involved in the offense this week, and Kelce has been too quite as well.  I'd also like to Smith-Schuster get more involved.  Especially now that it's been announced that Hollywood Brown is out for the season.

3 hours ago, bushido_man96 said:

That's nuts!  Hadn't heard that!

Chiefs pulled out another great win against another good AFC team.  Unfortunately, they lost Pecheco for 6-8 weeks in the process to a fractured fibula I believe it was.  That'll hurt.  Hopefully Perine and Steele can platoon and cover the load.  Steele looks promising; just have to protect the football.

Worthy wasn't as involved in the offense this week, and Kelce has been too quite as well.  I'd also like to Smith-Schuster get more involved.  Especially now that it's been announced that Hollywood Brown is out for the season.

A second person who was shot had been hospitalized but is now dead.  Absolutely ridiculous.  If you are shooting someone over a football game, you are taking the sport too seriously.  

Well, the Saints took care of business against my Cowboys quite handling at home with a dismal score of 44-19. Cowboys' defense was absent throughout the whole game, or it seemed that way. Hopefully the Cowboys defense shows up at home against the Ravens. The Ravens lost at home to the Raiders in a close game, so the Cowboys against the Ravens won't be a positive win.

Go Cowboys!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!