• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Football season is here!!!

bushido_man96

Wild back and forth game on Sunday between the Lions and Chargers with the Lions winning 41-38 on a FG as time ran out. Both teams were very aggressive.

I tried to watch the 49ers and Jaguars but it was so lopsided I lost interest early. I can't get a read on SF, when they play well they look like they can beat anyone but when they are off, they look very mediocre. Well, I guess we could say that about a lot of teams.

Ugly game by Mac Jones and another Patriots loss. Jones was benched in the 4th quarter after a terrible interception in the red zone. Jones has made some awful throws at key moments this season and they have proven to be costly. Looks like the Mac Jones experiment is done in New England, my guess is he gets traded in the offseason. The question now is, what about Belichick? Does he come back next year? Does he even make it to the end of this year?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wild back and forth game on Sunday between the Lions and Chargers with the Lions winning 41-38 on a FG as time ran out. Both teams were very aggressive.

I tried to watch the 49ers and Jaguars but it was so lopsided I lost interest early. I can't get a read on SF, when they play well they look like they can beat anyone but when they are off, they look very mediocre. Well, I guess we could say that about a lot of teams.

Ugly game by Mac Jones and another Patriots loss. Jones was benched in the 4th quarter after a terrible interception in the red zone. Jones has made some awful throws at key moments this season and they have proven to be costly. Looks like the Mac Jones experiment is done in New England, my guess is he gets traded in the offseason. The question now is, what about Belichick? Does he come back next year? Does he even make it to the end of this year?

Those games you mention were exactly as you report. Darn networks kept moving from one game to another where I never got to see a complete game except for the Raiders and Jets game. and that game was a battle to the last second with the Raiders winning over the Jets 16-12.

My Cowboys dominated the Giants from the start to the end. So much so that the Cowboys took Dak out of the game to rest and brought in their back-up QB in the 4th quarter. Final score 49-17 which now has the Cowboys 6-3 in the NFC East 2nd place.

Next week the Cowboys travel to Carolina gridiron of the NFC last place Panthers that are holding 1-8 record.

GO COWBOYS!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Tough way for the Bills to lose on MNF. Bills lead by 1 with 12 seconds left, Broncos set up a FG and goes wide right, however the Bills get a penalty for 12 men on the field. Broncos re-kick and win the game.

Yeah, that's a tough way to lose. Sure that someone from the Bills office will be having a talk with whomever is responsible for doing a head count of how many are on the field.

I love football this time of year, especially the Thanksgiving games. Growing up I looked forward to watching the Barry Sanders and the Lions every Thanksgiving and even though the Lions have lost a lot of turkey day games over the years I still look forward to seeing play just like I did when I was a kid. I hope they beat Green Bay on Thursday, which means the Lions could enter December in first place, something they have not done since 2014.

Lions have not won a division title in 30 years, 1993, and have a chance to break that this season. They also have not won a playoff game since January of 1992, which is the only playoff win they have in the entire Super Bowl era. Lions are the only team in the league that have never been to the Super Bowl that also has been a franchise every single year the Super Bowl was played. The other three teams that have never been there are Jacksonville, Houston, and Cleveland. Jacksonville was not a team until the mid 1990s, and Houston (Texans) started playing in 2002 (Oilers never made it either). Cleveland moved to Baltimore for a few years and did not have a team before getting their team back in 1999. While about 1/3 of the current teams have never won the Super Bowl, those are the four that have not made it.

Anyway, Go Lions! :nod:

Time to revisit the question of whether or not Bill Belichick returns to the Patriots next season. Patriots are for sure the worst team in the AFC and could be the worst team in the NFL after that 10-7 loss to the Giants. I did not expect much from them this year, picked them last in the division, but no way did I think it would be this bad. Only Carolina has a worse record at 1-10.

Time to revisit the question of whether or not Bill Belichick returns to the Patriots next season. Patriots are for sure the worst team in the AFC and could be the worst team in the NFL after that 10-7 loss to the Giants. I did not expect much from them this year, picked them last in the division, but no way did I think it would be this bad. Only Carolina has a worse record at 1-10.
I agree, I did not think the Pats would be this bad, either. It will be interesting to see if this is the end of the line for Billicheck, or if the Pats give him as much leash as he's willing to take.

When Brady left the Pats, the Pats fell from grace quickly. Billicheck or any coach for that matter can only do so much especially when the best of their talent leaves. That dark and deep hole will be hard to fill.

Btw, Cowboys crushed the Commanders on Thanksgiving Day. Next for the 8-3 Cowboys will be hosting the 6-5 Seahawks. Cowboys are favored to win against the Seahawks by 79.4% and 7.5 point favor. I predict Cowboys 27, Seahawks 20...Cowboys are 6-0 at home.

We'll find out at TNF.

GO COWBOYS!!

Oh, I forgot...The Raiders fell to the Chiefs in Las Vegas by the score 31-17. Chiefs never looked back once. My wife's Raiders are now 5-7 while the Chiefs are now 8-3. Chiefs have the 5-6 Packers at the Lambeau Field. The 5-7 Raiders have a bye next week but after that, the Raiders host the 6-6 Vikings.

Oh, I've forgotten about Patrick's Dolphins won over the Jets 34-13 in the Jets house. Dolphins are now 8-3 and the Jets are 4-7. Dolphins next have the 4-8 Commanders at the FedEx Field.