bushido_man96

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait 'til the Jets receivers have to catch some of those bullet Favre fireballs in the cold of the NY winter. I 'spect broken fingers a'comin'. Ask Donald Driver.

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.

Wait 'til the Jets receivers have to catch some of those bullet Favre fireballs in the cold of the NY winter. I 'spect broken fingers a'comin'. Ask Donald Driver.

Oh, yeah, I agree. There will be nary a WR without gloves on. Just wait for some linebacker to stick his hand up to defend a pass....

• 4 weeks later...

Well, my Chiefs have started 0-3, and it is getting tough to deal with. They threw a stat up on the screen yesterday that said they lost their last 12 in a row. Nuts.

One good thing that happended yesterday is that Larry Johnson got on track finally. He had 24 carries for 121 yards and a TD, and did break off a big, 48 yard run.

Unfortunately, the Chiefs couldn't stop the run either, and Michael Turner is quickly becoming a diamond found in the rough for the Falcons. He and Norwood are quite a running pair. It also appears that Matt Ryan is coming along quite nicely.

I felt that the Chiefs two rookie corners played pretty well, and I see no reason why they shouldn't keep starting, either. They have a young secondary now, and should build on the front line. Dorsey is looking pretty good, but they should be able to stuff the run better than they did.

Tyler Thigpen wasn't spectacular, but he is the 3rd string guy, and as he gets more reps in practice, should come along. Huard might be the better option if he gets healthy, until Croyle comes back.

Here's a brief game recap: http://www.chiefswarpath.com/2008season/regularseason3.htm

I go away for a few days and the Yankees close our Yankee Stadium with a win, the Dolphins beat the Patriots and the U.S. wins the Ryder Cup for the first time in 9 years. Figures.

And my USC Trojans went up to Corvallis, laid one down on the turf and let the Oregon State Beavers run all over them. Bye bye national title.

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.

Week 4: Chiefs 33, Broncos 19

LJ: 28 carries, 198 yards, 2 TDs. I'd say he is back on track. He is getting the carries he wants, and he is producing. What more can you ask for?

Huard managed the game very well, too. I can't wait for Croyle to get back, though.

Defense was spectacular, getting 2 INTs and recovering 2 fumbles. When you go +3 in turnovers, you can usually win a game. After a game like this, it seems like there is hope after all. Its hard to watch them lose 12 straight, and I don't ever want to have to experience that again.

Game recap: http://www.chiefswarpath.com/2008season/regularseason4.htm

One complaint I would make was the inability to score TDs early on, and just getting the field goals. But, a win is a win, so be it.

Unfortunately, rookie Tackle Branden Albert suffered an injured right elbow. Extent of the injury is not known yet, and hopefully he returns soon. The OL is thin as it is.

• 11 months later...

Ok, everyone, its time to resurrect this old thread for yet again another season of NFL football! I hope you all have your fantasy teams drafted, and are ready to chat about some weekly recaps, because the time has arrived! Yeah footaball! :D

Well, the preseason for the Chiefs has been an interesting one. Bowe started the preseason on the second team in the first game, but quickly made an impression, and is back to the #1 slot at WR. Unfortunately, there is no clear cut #2 yet, and we have yet to see Toomer in a game. Lelie has done a few things, but I'm not overly impressed yet. The addition of Cassell should be fun to watch, but he'll be sidelined for 2-4 weeks now with a strained MCL: http://www.chiefswarpath.com/news/2009/08/30/cassel-to-miss-2-to-4-weeks/ Arrggh!!! This makes the decision of who the backup will be more intense, as the it will boil down to Croyle or Thigpen that stay or go. Croyle has looked good, but is prone to injury. Thigpen can scramble, but isn't a "conventional" QB just yet.

The O-line looks to be more of the same; since Roaf and Shields left, the place has been a shambles. They needed O-line help bad, and I don't feel it was addressed in the draft.

The defense hopefully improves. Rookie DE Tyson Jackson got a sack in the 3rd preseason game, and hopefully he gets around 15 more during the regular season. The secondary is stellar, but without a rush presence up front, it won't be enough to win games. The Chiefs only had 10 sacks as a team last year, whereas the traded Jared Allen had 14.5 all on his own for the Vikes last year.

This just in: Chan Gailey out as offensive coordinator: http://www.chiefswarpath.com/news/2009/08/31/gailey-out-as-offensive-coordinator/

I'm not sure where that leaves us now. Perhaps Haley will call the plays. Who knows?

Don't you just love football season? :D