• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Football season is here!!!

bushido_man96

Turns out he is available. And there are quite a few others around the league. The Seahawks have made Safety Ken "The Hammer" Hamlin available, and Dallas is reportedly interested. I hope he doesn't cross to the dark side.

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you want him to be available? :)

Eh, you know, it may be time. He has been great for Kansas City, but after the concussion last year, he may be thinking about his future. Its hard to say. I can't say that I want him gone, because I don't. However, K.C. does have a history of holding on too long.

I heard today that the Broncos traded RB Tatum Bell to Detroit for CB Dre Bly. This could be another good deal for the rival Broncos.

Notable releases today: Joe Horn of the Saints, and Joey Porter, LB for the Steelers.

It sounds like the Patriots have been busy, notably signing Adaleus Thomas at LB.

And how about Nate Clements, to the 49ers for 8 years, $80 M, and a $22 M signing bonus! Wow!

The first $10 M a year defensive player in league history.

How much will Champ Bailey want to make now???

Oh yeah, cash in for Nate. And what about Plummer threatening to retire if he gets sent to Tampa? I think he should end it with Gary Kubiak in Houston. Maybe this is his way of trying to drive that scenario.

Also, trash talkers are starting to get their walking papers. I think coaches are tired of the media attention and lack of team play. Joey Porter got released by Pittsburgh. Jeramy Stevens may get sacked by Seattle. We'll see what happens to TO, though his talking issue is a bit different.

Thank God, I really think the league is finally cutting down on thug behavior, off-field buffoonery, and non-team play. You may see more "me first" guys getting released. Despite a quiet guy like Art Monk not getting into the HOF over mouthy Micheal Irvin, how do you not hold up a guy like LT as an example of how to do it right in today's game?

Ahman Green signed with the Texans. I can't remember the contract amount, but that should be a good pick up for them.

It now sounds like the Broncos are very interested in a trade with Buffaloe for Willis McGahee.

There is some stupid phat money being thrown around. Makes me mad (Holmgren too, I bet) that the Hawks let Steve Hutchinson go last year over $7M/year, and this year any ol' guard can command that in free agency.

Well Baron, your Seahawks signed Patrick Kerney. A good pick-up for them, I think.

And the Broncos signed Travis Henry. It may be a rough year in the AFC West. Don't you wish the Seahawks were back in our division, Baron? :D

And the Dolphins really cleaned house, didn't they, Patrick? They got a good trade out of Welker, but I didn't expect them to drop McMichaels. That was kind of a shock. I knew that Harrington was out the door, though.

And it sounds as if the Chiefs are actively shopping Trent Green. They asked him to take a pay cut, I heard, and he really isn't interested. The Chiefs also signed Napolean Harris from the Vikings at MLB, and I think they plan to trade/cut Kawika Mitchell. I don't like this move, either, as Mitchell has been a good young player, and his best years are ahead of him. I guess time will tell.

Yeah, cleaning house. Nothing makes me particularly upset, but I did think McMichael was a pretty good TE. Then again, he seemed to drop a number of the balls and have some off the field issues. Still, a little sorry to see him go.

I'm sorry to see Wes go. Good guy.

I wouldn't mind seeing Jeramy Stevens, the Mouth, go from Seattle. But Graham went with Denver, so who knows what will happen at tight end.

Don't you wish the Seahawks were back in our division, Baron?

Sometimes, yes! I miss the Raiders, Chargers, Chiefs, and Broncos. But I like dominating the NFC West. And our rivalries continues to grow with Dallas and the Giants. Truth is, if they keep false starting due to the 12th man's noise in Qwest Field, I don't care what uniform they wear! :D

Joe Horn has agreed to terms with the Atlanta Falcons.

The Ravens are interested in Willis McGahee, and Corey Dillon will be visiting the Bills this week. Jamal Lewis signed with the Browns. I am not sure how that will work out for Lewis. At least Cleveland doesn't have to worry about him rushing for 500 yards per season against them anymore.

I thought that Dillon was contemplating retirement, but I guess not.