• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Football season is here!!!

bushido_man96

I can't even bench my own body weight. Throwing 225 a couple dozen times is unreal.

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't even bench my own body weight. Throwing 225 a couple dozen times is unreal.

Tell me about it. I did 225 4 times today; 2 on my own, last 2 assisted.

My brother played football for a small NAIA school here in Kansas. He was pretty strong, and after his senior year, he went to Denver to try out for the Crush, I think it was. He did well on all of tests, and even performed some of them better than one of the guys that was there that had made the team. But, they told him they wanted someone taller, essentially.

He was 5'10", 245 lbs. his senior year, and was the center.

Bushido Man, if you haven't read it yet, check out the latest on the combine from Peter King: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/02/26/indy/index.html?eref=si_nfl

Here's a taste:

Football's amazing. Three weeks ago, the Super Bowl was the big story, and we all thought, "Well, that's over. Time to hibernate for a while.'' And now our psyche is all football, again. Sometimes I wonder how a great sport like hockey makes it. This should be the best time of the year for hockey, with the race for the playoffs heating up. But I'll bet you SportsCenter had more minutes of Combine coverage this weekend than Sabres-Senators highlights and other hockey games. Football just doesn't end.

Man, I love football.

Thanks for the link, Baron. I'll give it a look later on.

More news: The Joey Harrington will not be back with the Dolphins next year; they are letting him go. Jeff Garcia is likely not to be back with the Eagles next year, either. Willis McGahee may end up in a Giants uniform, if they can work out a trade with Buffaloe.

And the BIG news:.......The Chiefs signed Damon Huard to a 3 year contract, involving some decent money.

OH, NO!!!! Just read bad news: Jared Allen wants out of KC. He wants a trade. I guess the Chiefs think that he wants too much money. They are talking about High Tender, and the Chiefs thinks that makes Allen overpaid. Personally, I would have signed the guy by now. He is fast, and an impact player. He is one step closer to the defense being what it needs to be to make it to the next level, and losing him would be a major step back.

There's always something!

I think Harrington needs to find the right system, and then excel. Like maybe as Hasselbeck's backup.

There's always something!

I think Harrington needs to find the right system, and then excel. Like maybe as Hasselbeck's backup.

That could be the case. Maybe Cleveland?

The Chiefs signed Huard to 3 years, $7.5 million. I think he will be the starter before the 3 years is up, though. I think they are going to talk to Green about taking a pay cut, and it sounds like he is willing to.

They better get Allen signed, though.

I think Damon Huard proved last season he can be your guy. His brother Brock quarterbacked the Washington Huskies in college and threw for Seattle for awhile. Now he does radio color commentary for the Seahawks. He is obviously glad to see his brother doing so well in Kansas City. (Little known fact: Seahawks quarterback Matt Hasselbeck's brother Tim is Eli Manning's backup in NY, married to Elizabeth Hasselbeck of The View. Perhaps they should give him a run and sit Eli.)

It's all about finding the right fit. Perhaps Cleveland would be good for Harrington, but I suspect after Detroit he needs to look to a different part of the country.

Well, the Bears signed Lovie Smith: 4 years, $22 M. The Ravens released Jamal Lewis, and Randy Moss may be traded to the Packers.

Ooh, interesting! I just saw on ESPN that the Dolphins are interested in Trent Green, if he is available. Now, the big question is whether or not he will be available. Very curious.