• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Football season is here!!!

bushido_man96

Is it true that only about 15 minutes of playtime actually happens in an average Football game?

Oh, no, not really. The clock runs quite a bit, but they get in a lot of action. Each game lasts on average of 3 hours.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK....anyone going to watch the Ohio State-Michigan game tomorrow?

GO MICHIGAN!!!!!!

8)

I will try to watch it tomorrow. I will be on the road in the morning, recovering from working all night tonight. :D I don't have a favorite, I am just going to watch to see if it is going to be the game of the century.

My focus: Chiefs-Raiders..............I........AM..........FOCUSED!!

Well, the Chiefs and Raiders made it a game, like they usually do. 17-13 nailbiter, with LJ stealing the show. He had 53 yards rushing on the OPENING DRIVE; I thought he would rush for 200, but the offense went to sleep for a while. Still, he finished with 150+, so that is an excellent day anyways.

Trent Green looked ok coming back, and he will get better if the line can start protecting a little better. He made some great key passes, and used the play action well.

Now, we'll find out if I will truly have a happy Thanksgiving, because the Chiefs need to beat the Broncos on that day!

Hey, Patrick....did I see that the Dolphins won, and had -3 rushing yards? Man, that is crazy!

Yeah. We couldn't get anything going on the ground, at all. We didn't really try that hard, though. Ronnie only got 12 carries. We abandoned it pretty early.

^^^ That's funny.Well I'm happy Cincinnati 5-5 looks like we'll be racing you for a wildcard spot^^^,not sure how long jacksonville and the Jets will hold up,though the Jags did just beat the Giants however.Good week for me number 85 had another outstanding week,6 rec 190 yards 3 td's.Carson palmer doing well and our D only allowed 16 points,thats good for us.WHO-DEY

ISAIAH 53:5

Well, its half-time, and the Chiefs lead 10-3. We'll see if they can keep it coming.

Another great rivalry...the Broncos, invading Arrowhead; the Sea of Red! Derrick Johnson and Tony Gonzalez are back on the field tonight, so both will help out.

^^^ Good game for you guys. L.J. completely ate Denvers Dline in two,7-4 you guys are doing it.

Thanks. Yes, it was quite a game. Not a lot of points scored, but a win is a win. 157 rushing yards for LJ, and still leading the league in rushing. The last Chief running back to lead the league in rushing was Priest Holmes, in 2001. The last running back to lead the league in rushing for Coach Herman Edwards was Curtis Martin, two years ago, I believe. I think LJ has a shot to do it this year. Maybe a few really good games, like 200+ yards, and maybe he could eclipse the 2000 yard mark.

Bringing up Priest Holmes, it is kind of sad the football world doesn't really talk about him anymore. He was a great team player, and a great ambassador for the game and the NFL. His acquisition by the Chiefs in 2001 helped to jump start what turned into one of the most prolific offenses in the NFL for the next 5 years. I just want to say, Priest, that you still have a fan, and your efforts have been appreciated, and you will be missed.

Another note, I think that it is really great for the Chiefs to playing back on Thanksgiving day, and I think it is important, because Lamar Hunt wanted the Chiefs to be playing on Thanksgiving, like they used to. Hunt has done so much for the NFL, and this is a great way to recognize him. It also makes my Thanksgivings that much more involved! Food, and a football game that I actually look forward to seeing!

Now, with the Chiefs winning 2 division games in a row, and now being 7-4, they have pulled even with the Broncos for second in the division. We have another game with the Raiders and Chargers, so the playoffs are in view, they just have to win games.