• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Football season is here!!!

bushido_man96

No worries. Teams win and lose, that's football. I picked up Trent Green in my fantasy league as my backup QB, dropping David Gerrard. I have Phillip Rivers, so I don't need the backup to be ready right now, but hopefully he will come back strong.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No worries. Teams win and lose, that's football. I picked up Trent Green in my fantasy league as my backup QB, dropping David Gerrard. I have Phillip Rivers, so I don't need the backup to be ready right now, but hopefully he will come back strong.

The fact that the Chiefs lost may benefit you. Huard has been so strong, that everyone is wondering if the switch back should be made. It may be an easier decision to make now. Every Chief fan remembers the Rich Gannon/Elvis Grbac ordeal. Gannon went to a Super Bowl, and Grbac left football. But who knows, we maybe would have never ended up with Trent then.

Good pick with Rivers. He had 40 points in my league this week. No more Marty-ball in San Diego. I think Tomlinson is going to break Alexander's rushing touchdown record this year as well.

Thanks. I looked up Huard's stats and I didn't realize how well he's been playing. We'll see, I guess. I can always drop Green and pick up someone else, my backup and starter has been changing all year. I started with Daunte, Byron and Trent Green, I think. Then I dropped all of them and had Gerrard and Rivers, now I've dropped Gerrard for a second round of Green.

Football is so fickle, isn't it, Patrick?

As for Huard, he has been really efficient. His numbers have not been spectacular from a fantasy or Pro Bowl stand-point, but he has done a great job of managing games, and making good decisions. Even if Green had been playing on Sunday, I don't see how the result would have been different.

I don't really know what to say,We were manhandling the 2nd best team in tha AFC,and blow a 28-7 lead coming out at tha half.With all that said WHO-DEY come on Cincinnati.Our Offense is so beautifully talented,but our D let us down pretty bad.At least Chad had the game of a lifetime,11 rec,260 yards and 2 Td's.Pretty good game.

ISAIAH 53:5

I don't really know what to say,We were manhandling the 2nd best team in tha AFC,and blow a 28-7 lead coming out at tha half.With all that said WHO-DEY come on Cincinnati.Our Offense is so beautifully talented,but our D let us down pretty bad.At least Chad had the game of a lifetime,11 rec,260 yards and 2 Td's.Pretty good game.

Yeah, he had a good game, but he hasn't been happy, losing games he feels they should win. I thought they were set this year, with that offense ready to go. They kind of remind me of the Chiefs of a few years back.

Ok. A classic AFL match-up; one of the best. Chiefs. Raiders. Old time AFL-West match. Even when these teams are bad, this game is always tough. Will it be an offensive explosion? Will it be a defensive war of attrition?

Is there a better rivalry in all of the sports world? Cast your vote now!! :D

The good news is that Trent Green comes back this week. Likely, it will be the Larry Johnson show, so that Green can get his feet back under him. I am willing to be that Green will take off down field just once, to prove that he has not wavered, and will still give his all to win.

The bad news is that there are still a few defensive injuries, including LB Derrick Johnson. The offensive line still has some holes in it as well.

But it doesn't matter. None of it does. All that matters is that it is the classic Chiefs-Raiders dog fight, and the pride of the AFC West is at stake.

Is it true that only about 15 minutes of playtime actually happens in an average Football game?

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu