• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Catstance

Dresden

Sohan, can you explain the "sit and pull" to me? If I knew what it was maybe I could explain how we execute that part. There are many different styles of the same kata's, but they always seem to be very similar, just have technique's executed differently.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the third middle block-punch-punch-kick-punch series, you sit back in an L-shaped stance pulling back with the hand that just executed the reverse punch while performing a middle block with a scraping action with the other arm. That's the best way I can describe it. One of the bunkai for the move is for dealing with someone grabbing your punching arm.

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

After the third middle block-punch-punch-kick-punch series, you sit back in an L-shaped stance pulling back with the hand that just executed the reverse punch while performing a middle block with a scraping action with the other arm. That's the best way I can describe it. One of the bunkai for the move is for dealing with someone grabbing your punching arm.

With respect,

Sohan

Ah ok. We only do two of those, one in each direction at a 45 degree angle (and only two series of middle block double punch combo, the first of which doesn't have the kick punch following it). Then we swing into a horse stance (instead of an L-shaped stance)with an elbow smash, followed by a back fist....then pull back into a cat stance going back the other direction.

With respect,

Sohan

Ah ok. We only do two of those, one in each direction at a 45 degree angle (and only two series of middle block double punch combo, the first of which doesn't have the kick punch following it). Then we swing into a horse stance (instead of an L-shaped stance)with an elbow smash, followed by a back fist....then pull back into a cat stance going back the other direction.

Yep. That's a little different from ours.

Guess that's what puts the "art" in martial arts... :)

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu