• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wink: Nice Laur!

I like to pair my hook kick up with a roundhouse. My fav sparring combo to start of with right from the getgo is a front leg hook to a roundhouse ... gets em' everytime ....when they try to dodge the round you get them with the hook!

Working on the spinninghook for a speed board break at the moment and also jump spinning hooks which totally tire me out my first couple or so are dead on and after that I tweeter out. Just have to practice constantly and consistently. Its a matter of driving that elbow of the same side as the kicking leg forcibly around as if to elbow your attacker and to jump up (nice & high) at the same time!

Hook Kick is a great kick. I love to throw a hook kick to the head and have my opponent block/duck it and as I just pass by their head I snap back with a roundhouse. I have to work on my speed, but I have nailed a couple of people with this

In search of the Temple of Light

It's one of my "core" kicks - very useful. Especially if you chamber for it - knee high and to the side, the recipient doesn't know if you're going to do roundhouse, side thrust or hook, so you can choose at the last moment according to their reaction.

I find it quite difficult to build power into it though: any tips?

Currently: Kickboxing and variants.

Previously: Karate (Seido, Shotokan, Seidokan), Ju Jitsu, Judo, Aikido, Fencing.

i have to say, it is my new fav technique. i landed my first reverse turning kick on sunday. i was almost to chuffed. :D

it can be good but you do need speed (or a slow opponent :)) ive been trying it for a while, im getting better just need some more speed.

• 3 weeks later...