• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

hook kick most underated move

The hook kick is my favorite kick and it is an extremely effective technique when used by a skilled person. The only flaw I see with it is that it is very dangerous to use if you have even one little bit of loss of control. You can easily kill someone if you are not careful. Great for full-contact and point fighting. :eek:

"let those who shed blood with me be forever known as my brother."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill "Superfoot" Wallace favorite kick was the hook kick. It won him many karate tournaments. My favorite hook kick combination: reverse front kick, rechamber(do not drop the leg to the floor), hook kick, place leg in front(you should end in an opposite stance).

Canh T.

I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversations.

• 4 months later...

SPARRING ROCKS!

Okay, just had to get it out of my system.

Anyway, yes, the hook kick is great. Once in sparring, I nailed a guy in the head with a combo- (step into hook- then round, spin hook then round). Yes it was the round kick that nailed him, but the hook kick seems to compliment the round kick well because they are both circular and can be very fast. Keep the hook kick praises commin'.

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

I'm still lowsy with the spinning hook kick, but the regular hook kick I'm getting pretty good at. I used it in sparring for the first time the other day. I got someone in the head twice :D It rocked! :) It's becoming one of my fav's also.

Laurie F

• 1 month later...
I'd like to second that with the spinning hook kick- The more you do it the more you like it. When I first started doing it it landed a foot away from their face. Now I'm so darn fast that I nail guys in the head with my calves! :brow:

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

While I can perform both, I seldom use either. Spin hook is very good, if the opportunity arises, but you only have a split second to execute it when there's an opening.

Front leg hook is probably the safest to use, but I'll use a back leg one if I already have them in a wrist lock.

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.