• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

KarateForums.com Survivor Individual Challenges

Patrick

I just started this thread to start talking about Inidvidual challenges. If anyone has an idea for one - IM me. We have 2 concrete ones and two decent ideas.

Here is who is it the game at this point:

Karateka

ZR440

KSN Doug

kicker

jamesdasher

SaiFightsMS

YODA

I plan to post a challenge Sunday night. Have an SAT tomorrow among other things.

Thanks.

Patrick O'Keefe

KarateForums.com - Administrator/Grandmaster

RIP - Left Eye

[ This Message was edited by: Patrick on 2002-05-04 18:03 ]

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2002-05-03 22:54, karatekid1975 wrote:

What kind of challenge?

Please look at this link it will tell you but only certain people are playing though.

http://www.karateforums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=2170&forum=9&start=120&134

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

Sorry for the delay guys. I took the SAT... got sick... and just got really busy all of a sudden. :smile: I promise there will be a new challenge posted tonight.

Thats okay Patrick. Better get better then be sick :nod:

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

KarateForums.com Survivor Challenge

General Quiz, created by KickChick. :smile: Enjoy!

(1) There's one "sport" in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends. What is it?

(2) What famous North American landmark is constantlymoving backward?

(3) Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables?

(4) Name the only sport in which the ball is always in possession of the team on defense, and the offensive team can score without touching the ball?

(5) What fruit has its seeds on the outside?

(6) In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy,with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle?

(7) Only three words in standard English begin with the letters "dw." They are all common. Name two of them.

(8) There are fourteen punctuation marks in English grammar. Can you name half of them?

(9) Where are the lakes that are referred to in the "Los Angeles Lakers?"

(10) There are seven ways a baseball player can legally reach first base without getting a hit. Taking a base on balls-a walk-is one way. Name the other six.

(11) It's the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form but fresh. What is it?

(12) Name six or more things that you can wear on your feet that begin with the letter "S."

Please PM me your answers to me and do not post them here. Remember - this is INDIVIDUAL now. So only ONE person will be immune - the one who wins.

Oh and - no INTERNET or any other aids. You must guess on them using your own knowledge.

And, the deadline will be Thursday night at 10:00 PM CST.

Patrick O'Keefe

RIP - Left Eye

[ This Message was edited by: Patrick on 2002-05-06 21:21 ]

I am going to extend this through Friday evening, since we had some downtime. EVERYONE get those answers in! I have 4 entries (out of the 7) so far.

Patrick O'Keefe

RIP - Left Eye

[ This Message was edited by: Patrick on 2002-05-09 14:59 ]

Sitrep?

Anyway, went on a trip, thought I'd have net access - didn't. To make a long story short... entries are now closed. Results will be posted Tuesday barring any catastrophes. :smile: