• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How long does it take to toughen up the legs?

good topic i nned to learn to contiction my shins and i not

expert on the subject i am learning disabled and have not realy done sports like karate i been doing it sence 2003 and need to all

the help i can get on condiction things like shins legs hands and so on

keep this topic going if you want to hlep you can also p.m. i acn tell you how to e-mail me

from matt blake

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • 1 year later...

The two best methods I've come across in my training are using a makiwarri only if it'staning free from the floor. And lots of bag work.

Kick the Bottom of the bags because usually this area of the bag is more compact and harder due to setting of filling material. It take time to properely condition the shins. As for the thighs try getting a partner to trade kicks with start with an impact leval that is just above tolerable and set a number of kicks to take and try this a couple times a week.

• 1 month later...

For shins if you need to get the rolling pin out and go on them for a bit. And for thighs just keep taking hits to the legs. You can do it yourself so you regulate the amount of pain being distributed so that you dont injure yourself but you feel it pretty well.

Power is not only what you have but what the enemy thinks you have.

-Saul Alinsky

The soft and the yielding overcome the rigid and the hard, but few people put this into practice.

-The Tao Te Ching

• 1 month later...

Hi....

There is ony myth , I dont know if its true or not.

Some friends of mine insist in hitting your shin with a Hunting /combat /big butcher Knife (not the edge , the other thin side of the blade).

For the tights...training... I have a DAMN big black bruise with the size of a CD....

´´ The evil may win a round , but not the fight ´´

It all depends on the technipue you use to do your legs. If you use the right technique for your body type and for youself in general then your legs should be great in a year or soo.

I think that there is no 1 style , and that to truly become a great martial artist and person you must take information from where ever you can.

• 2 months later...

I'd stay away from the rumor mill of shin conditioning and just stay with constant drilling and sparring. Eventually, you'll become accostmed to the strikes there.

We do some warm ups involving kicks to the legs, parrying kicks, ect. that go a long way to getting your body, specifically your legs, used to absorbing trauma.

Remember to back off, espically early on, if you get a truely signifigant and painful soft tissue injury or radical bone brusing along the shin. Hobbing around sucking wind for weeks while you attempt to push through will only slow down your over all training progress.

Remember to back off, espically early on, if you get a truely signifigant and painful soft tissue injury or radical bone brusing along the shin. Hobbing around sucking wind for weeks while you attempt to push through will only slow down your over all training progress.

I have heard this advise quite a bit. It sounds to be a very gradual, natural process. Thanks for the advise.