• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Forum-Fu Black Belt

Jiffy

Hi Guys,

I just hit my 1,000th post and I thought it would be a good opportunity to provide some info on my experience here.

Coming on this forum has not only given me something to do while I'm at work and can't be bothered doing anything, but it has also been a great source of information. I've enjoyed sharing my stories and advice with you, and I have had a good time learning from you all too.

The topics in here are both controversial, interesting and fun.

At this point, I'd like to remind people to have an open mind when talking on the forum. There are plenty of people on here from all different backgrounds with all sorts of different ideas.

Anyway, that's all I had to say lately.

I'd like to particularly say thanks to a few of the regulars such as Kenpolineage, Sohan, Adohan, Cathal etc. (sorry if I missed anyone).

With the same regular people, it creates a real feeling on mateship.

Anyway, I'm outta here, thanks for reading.

Shawn (jiffy)

The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations on your "black belt", Jiffy! :)

I concur with your sentiments. It's always helpful to keep an open mind on a forum like this. I have had my mind changed more than once when discussing topics here, and expect to again many times.

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

Is that Sohan admitting he is sometimes wrong?? Say it isnt so!!!!!! x

Hmm, maybe I'm wrong about that.

:D

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

by kenpolineage do you mean parker lineage?

and i know you havent forgot bushido_man, checking the stats to make sure you have more posts for the month :P

but me, i pointed you to this website, how could you.

Now you use head for something other than target.

i've been here for just under two months, and i've already learnt a lot. so many different experiences and perspectives, its a great forum. you just can't get that variety in real life, or in any book. congrats on the forum black belt.

"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

It's great to have you around, Jiffy, even if you did get my name wrong, and beat me to black belt, and steal my idea of doing a little thank you post. :P

Seriously, though, your input is quite valued - you and I have had some of the best discussions I've had on this site. Keep it up!

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker