• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'm a Bad American

KickChick

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

You probably just aren't American!

Apparently Bush's popularity has risen to some ridiculously high percentage since 11/9 atrocity - another sad consequence of terrorism.

BTW, as someone not from the US, just because I can't abide Shrub-boy doesn't mean I thought Clinton was fantastic! (Does the rest of your life consist of such clear either-or choices? Seems bizarre!) That said, at least he had a clear foreign policy, knew the names of the people he had to deal with (can anyone forget Bush's answer to the question of the leader of Pakistan? "General....General, er General"? Impressive!)

Also, as a citizen of Northern Ireland I have to say that Clinton, despite his many failings, political expediency regarding things like the death penalty, inability to keep his trousers around his waist, etc, did a lot of good for the peace process in Ireland. Everyone has to have their good points! (I'm still waiting for Homer Bush's) :grin:

Isn't it ironic that the ridiculous patriotic/xenophobic fervour in the US since 11/9/02 has meant that in the land where free speech is supposedly enshrined, no-one can stand criticism of the talentless spoilt rich brat in charge any more???

:razz:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My karma will run over your dogma

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bit search,

What's up with the America bashing?

An interesting and funny article critiqueing the affluenza culture of the US. Turns into a couple of slams from you.

I realize there's alot of people out there that hate America. But the realization is that no country is perfect. I guess when a country like people becomes succesful in a relatively short span (150 yrs give or take) people become upset and point fingers because there success hasn't matched the leaders.

HMMM... Capitalism works, that's why we're free world leaders. President Bush is a great Capitalist and leader alot better than Al Gore would have performed with the terrorist attacks of 9-11, I"m convinced (I supported clinton and al gore previously funny how things change, especially when you are a citizen of the country) and oh yeah you live in the UK. you should be thanking the US for the protection you received in WWII or else you may be a German. And as far as Ireland goes US involvement there should be limited it's YOUR WAR kill'em all let God sort'em out.

talentless rich kid? Let's face it all political candidates in all countries have been historically wealthy or else who could afford the time and commitmenet to their country if their struggling to survive? And let's face it President George W. Bush is doing a bang up job.

why is your criticism worthless (although I resonded to it) because you're not an US citizen, you can't vote, you have no tangible impact on our system, just dribbling opinions

take full advantage of your surroundings

Don't hate America at all, but don't like Bush. A smarter person would have recognised that!

Certainly not jealous of the US (which is at the heart of a lot of REAL anti-US feeling) don't ever wish to live there though - not for me. Don't like rednecks and the sort of person who takes personally a political opinion expressed. But then, it goes back to my final para on free speech! It's ironic. (try looking it up at http://www.dictionary.com !)

:brow:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My karma will run over your dogma

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On 2002-05-13 14:39, zulu wrote:

Bit search,

What's up with the America bashing?

An interesting and funny article critiqueing the affluenza culture of the US. Turns into a couple of slams from you.

Well .... that's what I thought ... sheesh I never would have started this thread. My point was to be ....we can all draw some parallels here .... no matter from what country we may come from ... you all have your evils to contend with!

So since I opened this thread up .... I will close it up.