• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

"opening and closing the gate"

JimmyNewton

nah, its not Zenkotsu Dachi. its that really short stance, its tiger stance in tkd, cant remember its name in karate.

we were doing it a while ago and were told about the significance of the circle while stepping. i know jiffy can shed some light on the issue.

Now you use head for something other than target.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds to me like you are just bringing your feet and knees together when stepping.

This is to protect the things you value most....

This, and also alsey made a good point about transitioning your feet around and behind the opponents. These are my guesses as well.

I can't visualize it and I don't remember that name from my Shorin Ryu Shorinkan training. I assume you are assciated with Kyoshi Perry being in Charlotte I would ask him. I have heard many good things about him and I would imagine he would answer your question. If I saw itbeing done and knew thats what you are doing I may be able to explain it.

Brandon Fisher

Seijitsu Shin Do

nah, its not Zenkotsu Dachi. its that really short stance, its tiger stance in tkd, cant remember its name in karate.

we always do it when stepping into zenkutsu in kata. not sure what a tiger stance is.

"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

We are online after all, howe about you try finding this form using an image search? We can compare the images to our own styles and discussion will be a little easier. :)

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

http://www.narama.cz/karate/kata.htm

watch heian shodan. its easiest to see when he does the three age-ukes and oi-tsukis down the middle. this is how i do it anyway. in the second half of the video he does the kata slowly, its probably better to watch that bit.

"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana