• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ryu Te?

MizuRyu

I discovered a Ryu Te school nearby, and I was wondering if anyone had any info on this style...

I looked in the window while I was walking by, but class wasn't open, and I didn't see any times posted, so I'm probably going to have to rely on chance.

"They look up, without realizing they're standing in the palm of your hand"

"I burn alive to keep you warm"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

never heard of it, but from the name i'd guess its an okinawan style.

"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryu_te

http://www.kushu.com/

not sure if you've already looked at these. from a brief look sounds like a good style though.

"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

The translation is "School of Hand".

Darn. I was just going to show off my Japanese skills and say that.

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker

The translation is "School of Hand".

Darn. I was just going to show off my Japanese skills and say that.

HAHAHA, yeah I thought I would do the same. :P

The forums have been great for filling in the gaps in my Japanese!!

The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

I think I heard a guy who works for the PD here talk about it. He said the bukai included a lot of breaking, and was pretty self-defense related. I might be wrong, thinking he said this and said something else. Check it out though, and keep us posted!

I JUST found the website after a lot of searching. It actually surprises me, because the place is SO small (at least at this particular location). I emailed the guy and he told me to stop in on Friday for both classes to watch and maybe do some hands on. I'm all excited.

http://www.michiganryute.com/

I read a review on the yahoo travel page, and a man gave him 5/5 stars and said he was an amazing teacher and a real gentleman. Sounds like the kind of school I'm looking for. It's the Mid-Michigan -> Grand Ledge one. A tiny little outlet in a long business district, pretty much tucked away from the world with a small neon sign of a guy kicking over the word "KARATE" in the window. Small scale operation, which hopefully means a lot more hands-on training!

"They look up, without realizing they're standing in the palm of your hand"

"I burn alive to keep you warm"