• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Koryo pattern

Does anyone have a diagram of Koryo?

I started learning it in class this week but want to practice at home on my own. I have a video clip of it, but I can't practice in front of the pc as the room is too small (keep kicking the keyboard, lol).

If anyone has a diagram of Koryo then I'd be grateful if you could post the link, as I'd like one to print out so I can practice in the yard at home.

Thanks! 8)

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Hi aefbird.

koryo is a great form once you get the hang of it.

I think this page should satisfy your (and every WTF practioner on here) needs

http://www.natkd.com/taeguek.htm

Hey, great site. Thanks a bunch!

Thanks Zorbasan!

I use the video clips on that site a lot, I looked for a Kory diagram but couldn't see it until you posted the link... d'oh.... :lol:

Here is the specific link to the Koryo diagram if anyone else wants it. It's a bit confusing at first but great for anyone who already knows the "basics" of the pattern.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

I often do my searches now under Google>Images. That way it's faster to see what type of results look more useful to you. Anyway, I can see 2 different Koryo diagrams displayed on the first page (one is from the above link).

I've just 'learnt' Koryo in my 2 metre by 2 metre bedroom. Funny how I always have to resort to teaching myself the forms instead of being able to be taught from someone in my actual gym. It's really not ideal. I've also watched the Koryo forms that people have put up on YouTube - their techniques are all so different.

I was all set for going for the 2nd Dan in December, but last night my gym told me that I can't take it because they want me to train with them for 4 months 6 days a week. With their class at 9:30pm and the fact that I have to wake up at 6am for teaching, it now seems like I have to wait another couple of years until I have enough time for such full time training again. Sigh.

There are no limits.

http://taekwondodiaries.blogspot.com

^^*

the diagrams themselves i find hard to follow if you dont have any basic idea of how the form goes.

if you have both the diagrams and the video you should be able to teach youself pretty much any kata/form

Now you use head for something other than target.

I have a book titled Black Belt Tae Kwon Do, written by Yeon Hwan Park and Jon Gerrard. It demonstrates this form very well. I have actually taken time to learn it from this book, with some success, I think.

sonuds good,

i should get myself some MA books, i really dont have many at all.

My wife would probably say that I have gone overboard on them!